For you Potomac Guys - New TX Trail

• Thread starter Greg Meyer [URL]http://www.delawaretrophybass.com/
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just what the Potomac needs...........ANOTHER tournament !

Carlos,

I haven't got any direct info... Came tio me through a friend who also lives out there by you... I'll check and see what he knows...

Also, apparently I do not have a good email address for you... The one listed here bounced b ack... So, send me an email so I can send you some info

hathcock at comcast dot net

for soem reason my email address on here will not stay updated.....

I hope some time soon the DNR comes down hard on all of these tournaments. No where else in sports does a tournament come at the expense of a natural resource. Except maybe the divot in golf.

I am not opposed to them but it has gotten out of hand and it all boils down to money not just fishing.

Tom

Ok Tom, I am at a bit of a loss here.

Why would DNR come down hard on all tournaments? If I recall, the tournament scene is not that bad on fish mortaility.

I for one do fish for the fun of fishing and get a reward at the end of the day for performing well. Same thing when I was shooting, if I was spot on for a strig or strings of fire, I had the oppourtunity to do well, but also be rewarded for my performance.

Carlos

I'm not against TXs either, but I do think it's time to look at paper tournaments instead of displacing the bass from where it was caught, especially during spawning time. It just makes no sense to take a bass off the nest and then haul it X number of miles away. Can't be good for the population.....

Scott

Scott you hit it on the head. Displacing fish, especially during the spawn is just plain wrong. I fish a club and we are a paper tournament club. It works great. Your draw partner is the one who makes the call on the size. And vice versa.

The problem with that format on a trail that has big money payout is people do and will cheat. Sad as that is...

Carlos there is along with the tournaments the practice days and the constant beating on fish. It is hard to measure mortality when fish don't get to the scales.

I fish the upper bay mostly because it is where I live. If you have ever spent a weekend up there you would see the hundreds of boats from Pa. Del. and NJ "practicing". These boaters if it weren't for the tournaments would more than likely fish their home waters and thus less pressure on the fish.

Like Scott I am not totally opposed to tournament but the time has come for a serious reduction in the frequency.

Hey partner!

We just might have to give this MyMoneyMouse.com trail a shot. If Greg can get us some intel on past events and operations. We can only hope their are NO FREEKING MEETINGS!!!!

Latest posts

Back