Fishing Report from E. Texas

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texas Transplant

Reaction score
This is my 'good fishing story' for the year. As most of you know, the wife and I moved back to Texas this spring. I've been working quite a bit, and also trying to get my boat/dock/lift ready most of the summer. That's all fine now. Boat is on the lift; lift works well; and I've even put new line on all my reels and started rigging up different poles/combo's getting ready to start fishing again. Fished a little bit this past weekend.

A large front came through last night, so around 5PM, I decided to go down and see maybe if the bass were trying to put on the feedbag, prior to the front blowing through. Took a bandit 100 (pearl/chart); worm and a jig with me.

No signs of anything feeding at all, except one 'swirl' near the left side of my dock.

Switched to the right side, and lo and behold . . . . .

The LM and White Bass had a school surrounded between my dock and my neighbors. Caught 10-12 LM and about 4-5 White bass, in about 20-30 minutes. Went up and got my wife, brought her down and she had 3-4 herself, before the action finally subsided.

While a few hit a rattle-trap, they were devouring that pearl/chart bandit. On one cast, I had two LM both on the front treble of the bandit. Those were determined fish.

What a great time.

Tex

Latest posts

Back