Fish Story

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russ Charles

Reaction score
The other night my son and I were fishing a reed line on East Lake Toho (FL). We pitched plastic worms, just inside the front edge of the reed line, at about the same time, and a distance of about 15 feet apart. My son was pulling line off his reel to clear a minor backlash. I got a hit, set the hook, and started bringing the fish in. My son had cleared his reel by then and said he also had one on. Turns out we both had the same fish. My son's hook was deep and mine was in the lip. The fish (about 15"/2 lbs) must have picked up his worm while he was pulling line from his reel and then moved about 15 feet and hit mine. I've caught 2 fish on one bait (rattletrap, popR) a few times, but in over 50 years of bass fishing, never seen or heard of two people catching the same one.

Russ

So tell me, Solomon........ In a tournament, who would have received credit for cathin' that bas boy? :^)

me!

Russ:

I have never heard of that happening either. You have some aggressive fish in Florida. It's hard enough to get them interested in one bait in KY. That would make an interesting discussion in a tournament situation.

Bear

i took an 11 year old to a small pond. he was fishing for bluegill with live worms and i was fishing for bass. he caught a 13 inch bass that swallowed the hook. the hook was deep so he bit the line and threw the fish back. about ten minutes later on a rubber worm i caught the same bass. this surprised me because the fish had been handled. i know it's not the same thing but it's still a neat story. has anybody been realing in a big bass and had another big bass biting at the hooked bass' mouth. i have had this happen many times. ok i will stop now. thanks stan

We had that happen once with a northern pike thru the ice. The baits were very close together though. Did, break my line on a nice smallie once, and a client caught it 10 minutes later with my tube still hanging out of his mouth. It's funny the things you will experience with enough time on the water.

Latest posts

Back