First time out this spring

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew Zuber

Reaction score
Ahhhh....

Feels nice to catch some bass after looking at snow all winter!!!

Since we have a bass season here in Michigan, took my son and went south of the border to IN...

We caught 14 yesterday...all largemouths...nothing over 2lbs...Took all but 2 on jerk baits...rougues and the new X-Rap...

Was VERY windy and we fished on an electric-only lake...worked the Optima pretty hard pushing the TV-18 against whitecaps!!!

Water is still just a bit cold...saw 48 to 52...hoping it will get mid 50's by this weekend...gonna go try again!

az

Andy,

My youngest son Devyn (7) caught a 4lber yesterday. At least if he is going to catch illegal bass, he's going to do it with style....LOL

You betcha' it feeeels good! I'm about to bust somethin' loose...I dunno what but, somethin':)

Seasons?? Cold?? you yankee's are WEIRD!!!! LOL

Good on ya Andy and Mark!!!

Awesome its good to see everyone getting out for the year.

Im hoping to get out this weekend myself for the first time. The lakes are thawed and im ready, the jigs are rigged and im readdy to go catch my first hawg of the year. Im expecting water temps in the low 40', perfect for big fish.

Hi Jim

I'm heading out this weekend as well. What are your favorite types of jig locations this time of year?

Paul

Where are you headed to? Im thinking of trying singletary maybe. This time of hyear ill throw the jig later in the day once the water warms up a bit if its sunny. Then ill throw it up in shallow water where i hope the fish will be.

Hi Jim

Where is Singletary?

I'm heading out with a friend who lives in Hudson so we will either fish Boone Lake in Hudson or Forge Pond in Westford. There is an outside chance that we may hit some water down the Cape.

Paul

Singletary is in Sutton. Not too far form Manchaug Pond. Im also thinking about the cape too but its always very windy down there this tine of year and that makes it hard to fish.

Andy, Where did you fish in Indiana? I live in LaPorte and can name a few troller only lakes. Good to get out though! Good luck!

Randy-

Potato Creek State Park...

Might be headed back down that way this Saturday...

My son caught a 4.5 there last spring and I got a 6 lb 4oz the year before...

P.S. NICE BOAT!

az

Latest posts

Back