First Outing of the Season

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim in VA

Reaction score
Got out on Lake Anna yesterday with Carter and had a great time. Water temps were around 70 degrees. Fish were on the wind blown side of the dikes and we pulled in a total of nine fish in about four hours of mid-morning/early afternoon fishing. Taught Carter how to use senko's and he got a few.

Lake Anna 2.JPG

Lake Anna 1.JPG

Oh, and the new Humminbird 570 DI worked GREAT! Showed that Lake Anna has precious little cover on the bottom :lol:

Hey Jim,on Wednesday I was in that same spot that the picture of Carter is in, I sat on the end of that bridge and caught probably 15 fish in 20 casts ! Great spot.. Looks like you all had a good day !!

Nice fish Jim, especially when you get to take the little one out. Where you fishing the hot or cold side? I have a club tournament on Lake Anna and have never been there before... you got any tips, anything will help. We will be launching out of Anna Point Marina (31 March). Thanks Jim,

Eric

Eric - I was on the hot side. I have fished the cold side and I've noticed that for me, the larger bass tend to be in underwater ledges, humps and features. Harder to catch, but bigger. Lots of folks hit the shoreline, docks, rip rap. They certainly produce, but I have yet to get fish of significant size that way. Of course, it could be my lack of skill as well as to why I haven't gotten bigger bass off these areas!

Tight lines!

Jim, you are out late this year! Did you get much winter fishing in? You need to head to the Potomac...they are eating like crazy there!

Jim,

Thank you for the info, hopefully they are in a biting mood when I show up.

@Eric - best of luck at the tourney! Haven't been down since the post, but I hear the fishing has remained pretty strong. I'll be there this coming Saturday to try my luck again. If I time it right, I'll hit both sides (one Sat the other Sun)!

@CIII - yes, later this year than most, but better than last! :D Hoping to see you and the Ranger out this season; either Anna or the Potomac. Going to try to bring the rig back up later in May.

@Mac - yup! Love the HP180. Too bad G3 saw fit to stop production :angry: Means I guess I have to keep this one for a while :lol:

Latest posts

Back