First Good Deed of the Year

• Thread starter Scott Hammer TOXIC
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Hammer TOXIC

Reaction score
So I come home yesterday after getting a new battery put in the truck at about 4:45. Gets dark here around 5:30-45. I look out on the river and there is about a 17foot sailboat 100yds out from my dock. I see a guy yanking on the front anchor rope...I'm thinking he hung up his anchor and cant get it loose. I see he has his little motor running in the back as well (through Binocs). Upon closer inspection, he looks to be late 70's in age with no PFD on and he ran aground. After about an hour, I fix dinner and sit down to watch some football and decide to pull out the night vision scope to see if he got it free. Nope he's still out there and it is now pitch black, he has no lights, no pfd, and has been working to get it free for close to 3 hours....I'm thinking this is going bad in a hurry, he either is going to have a heart attack, get yanked overboard and drown trying to drag himself free (no pfd) or even if he does get it loose, he has no lights and it's pitch black and getting cold. I toss dinner in the fridge and get on the horn to the USCG. I went out to the truck, got my GPS and got the coordinates, they took my information and said that it needed to go to the Sheriff's Office. They asked me to keep an eye on him and to watch for the blue lights from the SO Boat coming up river. They wanted me to call them back when SO got on-scene. I bundled up and went out to the end of the dock with a mag-light trying to yell out to him that help is on the way. I couldn't get my boat off the lift because we have had some wiring problems and it is breakered off. Next thing I know, it is now about 8pm, the Fire Department shows up at my house (pumper truck and all) since I called it in, and on the water so does a little jon boat. Come to find out the jon boat is the guy's grandson and he is going to attempt to tow him off with it. The FD is yelling at the kid to steer clear and they have a boat on the way but he is screaming it's my grandpa. I'm now thinking the jon can't possibly tow that sailboat off the point and with a kid at the helm, there's even more chance for disaster. Luckily the Sheriff's boat shows up and last I saw was towing the old feller twords Dr's Lake. I nuked my dinner and went to bed!!LOL!!

TOXIC

Boy! Aren't you the good one! However, the ggod deed would have been if you swam out to the old guy and installed a keellshield on his keel so the sailboat woul have just slipped off where he ran aground while selling him some Yamamoto Senko's. lol :lol:

Ha!! I asked the FD who was gonna swim out and they just looked at me and said they would wait for the boat:lol: A KeelShield wouldn't have helped with that 10 foot long keelboard. I thought those things were retractable? That's why I thought he would just go below, retract it and be on his way??? A senko would have helped if he could have hooked a manatee and it would have pulled him off the point!!

TOXIC

At least you didn't have to expalin your plaid skirt...they already knew about that!:lol:

Good Man Tox!:cool:

You shoulda yelled out to the guy and told him he's on MINI's CHIT without permission and once he finds out, the LAW will get involved,......then,..when the cops showed up...you yell out,..."TOLDYA!!!!":eek::rolleyes::D

Tox your a good man for sure and if it was the same game I was watching you didn't miss anything there, it probably was the grandsons sailboat and he let his gramps use it but no more:wacko:

Good deal Tox. Glad you were around to alert the authorities.

Now fix your boat lift! :lol:

All the best,

Glenn

LOL @ Mac. Not sure I would have left the football game, depends on who was playing. Ha!

Thankfully Toxic was there. If Teri had been watching the end of the Colts game, the old guy would have died for sure!! :eek:

Go Colts!!!

LOL @ Bob G. Unfortunately, I think you are right. Colts game trumps just about everything. They almost found a way to lose that one.

I vote for Peyton as the "WUSS of the NFL" for 2010...that slide he did on the 3 yrd line was as girly as ANYTHING I've ever seen!! OMG!!!!! I just about pee'd my pants laughing at that!!!

Latest posts

Back