Final Rally checklist, please see here. LONG

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob LaMoy

Reaction score
OK, I am pumped but keep getting that feeling like I left the toaster plugged in or forgot to pack something so here is the final "to do" so we are all on the same page. I know Mac is leaving early tomorrow along with some others so you won't have access until you get here.

First of all, who does NOT have a rider in their boat yet? I will be borrowing Buzz's boat on Saturday and can take a rider. I will be fishing with Buzz on Friday. Sunday, I will need to tag along with someone. We should try to trade up each day to get a chance to fish with as many folks as possible.

Buzz, to reduce the risk of us not meeting at the fire house, could you please meet us at the Stonehelm for around 7:00 am. When you cross the bridge into Rouses Point come down into the village, you will see the signs for I-87. Take that right, go a couple miles to I-87 and hang a left southbound. Then just get off exit 40 and hang a left. The motel is about 300 yards on your left. It's only 2 minutes from the firehouse.

Magna, you have a rider yet? Still at the campground? If so, shoot me your site # and when you will arrive and I will try to come get you if you prefer. I know you weren't too keen on solely a bass tourney so just for you (and everyone else) there is a multi-species event on Saturday only. Heaviest fish OTHER than a bass wins a trophy and rod and reel combo worth $120. So don't throw away that 10lb pike or carp, or bowfin, you all get the idea.

Tourney on Saturday starts at 7:00 am as in leave the dock time. So everyone please be there with enough time to pay you entry, register, launch, socialize, draw a launch number etc, BEFORE 7:00 am. Sat is 7:00-3:00 fishing time. Sunday 6:00-2:00 for those that have to hit the road home. I wanted to wait until 7:00 but there is good fishing early and I knew some of you had to get on the road home for work on Monday yuk! If you all agree, we can change the format and give an extra hour to enjoy the lake and make it 6:00-3:00 and increase Mac's odds! LOL We can decide that morning.

Pierre, since we will be fishing, I can have my wife go to the launch for about 2:15 on Saturday to start setting things up for our arrival if you give her keys to your truck. No fear, if it's STD your safe! LOL

Bob G, we are trying to confirm a seat for everyone in a boat. Watch to see who still has openings for a seat.

Jon P, same for you if you do not want to use your boat. I think you had mentioned something like that.

Mac, you're coming tomorrow with Ken right? We can get together when I get done work......wait who else will be here that needs maps and licenses? I have to get my haircut to look Goooood to the pics of me holding the 1st place trophy LOL, kidding, so we can make a run to town on Thursday night for all those things. The VT license we can get on the water on Friday. I will show everyone on a map the 2 places you can get licenses in VT.

Friday we are doing BBQ at the Helm, anyone is welcome jsut pitch in a few bucks. I will be employing the help of Bob G and his Chevy to go get 2 grills. We will need someone to take up a collection and run to P'burgh for beer and meat! No veggies needed! LOL Please remember CASH for the tourneys. $25 for the boat/team and $5 per angler for big bass on Saturday. Then $10 per angler for the bag, $5 per angler for big bass. How everyone works out splitting gas with their boater is up to you. As a suggestion, I plan on paying for the gas on Saturday and my $5 for big bass. Whoever rides can pay their $5 and the entry. On Sunday I will pay the entry of both of us and big bass. For those who aren't aware, a full size rig in a typical day will eat anywhere from at least $25 up to $50 in gas and oil in a day, sometimes more. I don't think we'll have problems on splitting expenses with this group. For Saturday, who has their parnters already picked? I know Tom mac and Jim, Ken and Mac, Marke and Mike. I w

I have (2) matted and Framed cartoons for the 1st place winners,........my personal favorite "Bubble Gum Worms" cartoons,.........the overall size is 11x14........the mattes will be signed "1St PLACE,..Nitro/Tracker Owners Rally-2002 Lk. Champlain, NY."

They look very cool..........hope ya'll like'em!!!

Mac

Rob,..Ken and I are leaving EARRLY thurs. am,.....we should arrive at the Stonehelm @ 2-3pm !!

Seeya there!!

Rob what time do you plan on being back at the stonehelm on Friday ? We can hang out for a little while as we believe we are meeting Gwen & bob Brown for drinks friday night Also I can't recall is there some place I can Moor/beach the boat on sunday for the weigh-in we would not rather not have to tow the boat from henry's on Sunday since it's about a hour be car verses 20 minutes by boat By the way look for Jim's monster Expedition rather than my little tahoe . Can't wait for friday I'm still pumped from last Sunday . To be honest I was more suprised than anyone else when I took second place

Tom, I am guessing around 4 or 5 pm. We will need to get grills and food etc and don't want everyone up too late as we are up early on Saturday. You should be able to tie up at the launch if you have bumpers. If we have to, we'll just anchor your boat out 20 ft and you can hop in on someone elses boat until it's time to head out. We'll figure something out.

Rick,

When you come off the ferry, follow the traffic. It will take you right to an intersection at Rte 9. Go straight through the light to the I-87 signs. Take your first ramp on the right, northbound. Go north 1 exit to exit 40. When you come off the exit ramp, you will see the Stonehelm over to the right across the road from the Mobil station. We may have to take turns with weigh in bags. It will make it more dramatic! LOL

Have a great time, everyone! Be safe. Catch fish. Take some pictures.

Have fun at the Ford rally Rich. Thanks again. Hope I finally get to meet you at next year's rally.

All set with my boat and partner. Had the rectifier light up on the outboard last week but got it turned around in 4.5 hours and back on the water. Bill and I will be at the Stonehelm in the early evening after a day of fishing in Vermont.

Everyone also please try to bring some catch & release tabs or formula. Don't need any dead fish floating at the ramp giving us a bad name.

My buddy Mike just got clearance to leave work early. We should be pulling into Stonehelm around 5:00.

Maybe we can blow off work tomorrow and leave NOW!! School is going feel like FOREVER tonight. I just want to go to bed so tomorrow will come faster...LOL

I AM PUMPED UP!!!!

SCOTT, ANDY, MO,

MY FIRST FISH IS FOR YOU GUYS....DIVIEDED 3 WAYS I'M THINKG THAT'S ABOUT 2 LBS A PIECE!!!

MARKE

OH don't forget spare keys for boats and trucks! Would hate to have someone get all the way here and be stuck! TWO sets of each. Give one to a friend!

Thanks, Marke! We do expect to see pictures and a full narrative of the entire event.

Of course, we also expect that narrative to be full of lies, tall tales and fibs, but it'll be fun to read anyway.

Wish I were going with ya'll. Good luck to all and have a safe rally

Rick in Mobile

rob,dont have anyone as of 6:45 tonight,coming myself so far,leaving thursday night will be there for friday morning.campsite is site 70,a water loop site.

aqs for a grill,got a gas grill converted to charchoal if it is needed,i will bring it.it cooks a nice rack of ribs,and burgers,dogs,or whatever you need to put on it.it fits on a tabletop,amputated the legs so it will.i will let you know if i have a rider before i leave tomorrow.

as for the bass fishing,i do smallies,drifting if that is legal for everyone.if the occasional walleye,or trout hits the line,well,thats added fish.

havent got a map of the lake,but i got my ny license.looking for a place open late at night to get a vt license.

think i covered everything.i hope!!

Latest posts

Back