Fav Nightime Summer Lure

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same as daytime....Buzzbait. Jitterbugs are good too.

Harpo

Depends on the lake, conditions, structure, cover, and water clarity -- bottom line is fish like it is day time but think about using darker colors....

David

Any topwater lure or a Rattletrap because I can fish it any depth or ol' trusty Powerworm;)

Creek Chub Plunker - #1 choice!

jointed Jitter-bug would be second...

az

OK guys, i've only fished 2 tourneys in my life, and both of those were night (7pm - midnight). How in the world do you FISH at night? when there is no moon light and you can't see a darn thing, how to do know where the land is? how far to cast? I am going to try night Crappie fishing but that will be anchored with lights in the water (and the boat) vertical jigging. But i've always wanted to try bass fishing at night, but the few times i've tried it, after it gets PITCH BLACK I head home as I end up loosing too many lures in the trees!! LOL

Trep,

That's what they make black lights for.... lights up the bank and isnt detrimental to the fish. (plus it allows you to see your line).

As for fishing, you pretty much do the same things you do during the day... same structures and cover, only "usually" the fish will move shallower to feed (the cover of darkness is some comfort, the temp/traffic change).

My Favorites:

Jigs

Cranks

Sim - I've seen the black lights I thought they were for the floor of the boat/deck for you to be able to find lures, tie new lures... I didn't know you used the black light to light up shore, it makes sense though as the ones i've seen have gunwale mounting !!! SO you mount/aim them away from the boat and as you position your boat so it aims to shore??

Hey Jeff,

I like to "slow roll" a dark spinnerbait in about 6-10 feet of water. Colorado blade, 3/4 oz.

I've always had luck around boat docks and sea walls.

yup....

You really dont want to be staring into a blacklight anyway... hurts the eyes.

If you want to look around inside the boat, get the "head lights" from brinkmann at Walmart... they use LEDs (2 white, 1 red) so that you can light up small areas. The red LED helps to preserve night vision.

It's amazing how little light is "needed" once your eyes adjust.

The "Stan Sloans" that I use also have a white light, and can be installed to be cordless. (I use the Super Double) (Backwater's has these, they arent on the site, but they carry them)

I have 4 outlets and 2 lights on the 911, this allows me to move the lights around at ease.

http://stansloansblacklights.com/

Trep-

I normally only night fish on lakes that I'm pretty familiar with...

That helps with knowing where weed beds, shore structure, docks, etc. are located.

Since I pretty much only throw topwater at night, I focus on shallower flats, docks, and weedbeds...

I don't usually use any lights, other than a small flashlight for knot tying, when I'm fishing. I do keep a big halogen spot light at the ready for moving from spot to spot...

az

Simple Trep.

You cast out. If it splashes, start reeling. If not, go find it.

A lot depends upon a persons night vision. As I have gotten older, it has gotten worse. I really don't enjoy fishing at night (for bass) anymore. Now, sitting and fishing for crappie under a light at night with a ball game on the radio - now that's enjoyable.

Tex

My fav si a spinnerbait preferably in black with tandem colorado blades. I load the boat at night with that bait.

I personally love nite fishing. I try to go when its mostly clear and the moon makes plenty of light.

1) Mag II Mocassion Blue Zoom worm, TX rigged (if you haven't tried this one, and can find it - it's simply deadly at night).

2) Buzz bait - black

Tex

when I was a kid my favorite nightime lure was a canning jar of Carbide with a small hole In the top,Just toss It In wait a few and net the fish......:p

Some flowers, a little candle light, and soft music.

Gene

Black lights don't help me much unless I've got flurocarbon line on...lighting up the environment doesn't seem to work for me. Maybe I'm too old.

Black jig n pig, 3/4 oz, with rattles and anise oil attactant. Works everytime.

Other than that, black spinnerbait with a hubcap for a blade or a black Pop-R.

Latest posts

Back