Exceler Daiwa Vs shimano SYMETRE

• Thread starter XMYTRUCK XMYTRUCK [URL]http://www.imaginationbassi
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XMYTRUCK XMYTRUCK

Reaction score
Hello

I am currently looking for a new spinning combo to be paired up with a medium light 6'6 rod so far I am looking a st Criox avid or a gblanks custom rod any suggestions? Also I am comparing the Exceler Daiwa Vs shimano SYMETRE, and was wondering if any one has any input on either reel?

Thanks

Peter

http://www.imaginationbassin.com/gblanks.htm

Symetre by far!!!!!!

I've seen a few Diawa's spinning reels come back to BPS. Shimano builds a much better spinning reel compared to the diawa.

BJ

Not only that...I go by weight also and Shimano's are the lightest by far;)

The St Croix Avid is a very nice rod. I own a bunch of them both spinning and casting. I dont own the specific action you are looking for but i do own a 6'6" Med action spinning that i really like. The avids are light, strong and very sensitive. Once you have one you will want more of them. All told i own 14 St croix rods, its all i use. St Croix is also a great company to deal with should you aver have a problem. They truly stand behind thier product with great service. They have fixed at least a dozen rods for me over the years on only once was the failure not my fault, they just took care of it anyway.

As far as the reel goes i really cant comment on the Diawa, i have naver seen or touched that specific model. But i can comment on the symetre. IMHO spend the extra $40 and get a Stradic, you will be glad you did. I own both reels and there is a remarkable difference in the smoothness from Symetre to the Stradic. You may not be able to feel it when they are brand new out of the box but after a few trips the difference is noticable. The Stradic has an extra bearing and all the bearings or of a higher quality rating, and better parts inside. The drag is also smoother( both of mine are front drag models) and the bail works better. My Stradic and Symetre look almost identical on the outside but are very different inside. For my money the Stradic is a much better reel. The 1500 size matches up very well with the Avid rod.

I have 2 Symetres & 2 Stradics. I was extremely pleased with the Symetres & they make me wonder why I spent extra cash to buy the Stradics.....LOL. I have mine on a St Croix Premier & a St Croix Legend Tournament & by far like the Legend better. So much so, next month when I make my spring shopping trip to BPS Gurnee, I'm buying another Legend. On that one I'm going to give a Quantum Energy PTI a try from great things I've heard about them.

I have them all....But I really like the Quantums much better,,I have stradics, symetres,I also have the Diawa..I like the quantums better... I turned carlos on to the the diawas and quantums,,,Quantums have out performed for me..I have several also all sizes....Just my pick... They are all quality reels...JR

now we're talking...QUANTUM!!!!!

Lifetime bail warranty, titanium bail, magnetic bail, PT gears, ceramic drags, PT bearings.....AWESOME REELS!!!

BJ

Back