Electric only trip with the boy!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan J.

Reaction score
Took my oldest out of school a little early for an afternoon of fishing on our local electric only honey hole by the house. By 3:00pm he had fish coming over the rail and a smile a team of Clydesdales couldn't pull off his face! It seemed like we caught the same fish over and over (2-3 pounders are plentiful at this lake's age), but needless to say, they were aggressively eating his spinnerbait. The water temp was 56-58 degrees with a steady 10 mph breeze at our back and overcast skies building, making for perfect conditions for our little boat's 2011 inauguration. Those weather conditions heralded in today's monsoon, but we will have yesterday to reminisce about after school today. :D

IMAG0051.jpg

IMAG0047.jpg

Sounds like FUN!

I think alot more of us will be using "electric only" this summer due to gas prices:angry:

Great post! I'm looking forward to similar adventures with my son in a few weeks.

Thanks for the kind words fellas! We're going to let the water settle after the monsoon yesterday and try to wear out a few more spinnerbaits tomorrow or Friday. He's eat up with baseball, but I'm tickled that fishing still comes first. :D

Back