Deep Cycle Batteries

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am going to purchase 2 deep cycle batteries for trolling, any sugestion on which to buy or concerns.

I agree with Glenn. Bought some, and as long as I took care of them (I neglected them for a time when I wasn't boating) - they performed well for me; 3+ years.

Tex

Believe it or not, I have great luck with Everstart Marine batteries from Walmart. Been using them for years with no complaints.

I think it's how well you take care of them and sometimes it's just the luck of the draw. I sold a boat that had well over 15 year old batteries and they since worked fine. (stored them indoors, didn't drain them so often, didn't put them on a heavy load)

I'm trying some MK battery Gel cells on my new boat, the specs look good for them. We been using them at work for several years now. Ever once in a while we get a bad one, but I can't tell you if it was the battery or the person using them.

Have been a lot of discussions here before, It's pretty much what your pocket can afford $

and how you take care of them ie....keep them charged and filled with proper water/level, where they are kept during off use...etc....my .02 I have had two Interstate since new 2005 and they are still strong with the trolling motor battery starting to show some sign of not holding up during windy days....

David I have 3 Intersates and I leave mine on charge year round and when I'm on the lake I troll constantly and have never killed them out. Im on the water an average of 8+10 hours every time I go.

Hope this helps.

Sears AGM 3 year full replacement, I'll never buy lead acid batteries again. Cost about 200 apiece.

I buy Bass pro brand(only cuz of the 40% discount i get) never had issues with those, they go 5 years no issue, and cheap

HAHAHA, yeah a guy I work with works at BP in Harrisburg, so I just pay him and he gets them for me. I have had good luck with them though:cool:

Latest posts

Back