Computers

• Thread starter Gilbert Scales2
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gilbert Scales2

Reaction score
If I search and select "*.tmp" files on my computer and delete, I cannot empty my recycle bin all the way. It appears to be empty, but when you hit empty recycle bin it says cannot delete Dc1 files, which I cannot find anywhere. One more thing, if I visit 1 site after I delete the *.tmp files I get 1500 + *.tmp files again if I search and find, 75000+ if I wait a couple of days. Virus maybe? I am running Mcafee.

Bubby Hope my question can be understood.

I don't know how good Mcafee is but some of the scans will pick up stuff others miss.

I run Ad-Aware or Spybot on a every few days basis.

Then about every other week I do a deep scan with Norton or Microsoft's new anti spyware program.

It always seems like one will pick up somthing the others miss.

I strongly advise you to get (free) adaware from Lavasoft.com... Adaware Personal Edition.... Install it... Then choose "customize" and select to scan within archives... Then start a scan...

If any of this is confusing e-mail me and I will explain in detail

Bubby mine did the same last week. I could delete files and goto my recylce bin and nothing would be there. Turned out I had a bunch of viruses and had to do a reformat and reload all my software again. It sucks. I wish they would throw the book at the people who create these things.

Donnie

Latest posts

Back