Computer Question

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steven Parker

Reaction score
I'll try and explain this the best I can. I'm trying to reload an OS (Win XP) but the disk will not auto run when I boot the computer. When I select the D drive (CD) the computer does not recognize that there is a disk in the drive.

Does anyone know what I can do to run this disk after the pc boots completely or something I can do to re-install a new OS?

Thanks

Is this a clean install or a repair? If a clean install, do a google on XP clean install.....loads of info available........same applies for a repair install.

When powering up, go into the cmos setup (del, f10, or some other key), you've got to enable booting from CD. Also, on the boot priority, make sure that CD-ROM is before hard drive. If it's already enabled and at the top of the list, you may have a problem with the CD-ROM drive.

Thanks for the help guys. What I found was that I had to re-boot several times before the cd drive would acknowledge that there was a disk in. I'll bet I've re-booted 50 times today. Does this seem like a problem with the disk drive?

is your cd-rom drive set as a boot device in CMOS? and if so, is it before the hard drive?

You should be able to boot from your XP disk and it will walk you through the process.

Latest posts

Back