CJL Cool hubs information

• Thread starter Thomas Macaluso
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thomas Macaluso

Reaction score
Chris

here is the e mail my buddy pete send me concerning how to service the cool hubs .

Hi Tom...I'll call you to give you that information on the hubs. It is definitly do-able for your buddy. I can tell you that first of all you need 50 weight oil. The key for me was getting the right gasket maker. I'll find the exact stuff that's recommended and get it back to you. The process is straight forward. 1.) You have to take off the wheel first to access the screw that holds the oil in. 2.) Take out that screw and then rotate the wheel so that the old stuff drains out. (It may be better if you take it for a ride on the road first to heat up some of that thick oil for faster drainage.) 3.) After you get as much as possible out, rotate the wheel back up so that it can be refilled. I use one of those little oil pumps with a long narrow spout that you pump with your thumb...you know the ones. 4.) Pump it full of oil and go slowly so that it all fills up well. After it looks full, cover the hole with your finger and slightly rotate the wheel from side to side, then straight up again so that air bubbles continue to burb out, then refill as necessary. It takes a while to get all possible air out. 5.) Then use the gasket maker that I'll find the name of and coat both the screw threads and the threads in the hub. Tighten it down and you should be all set.

Latest posts

Back