Cash to GET Hummers!! Good news for GM too!

• Thread starter Michael Trepper [URL]http://autos.yahoo.com/articl
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrepMan

Reaction score
Gotta love this, a program DESIGNED to get folks into more fuel efficient cars is helping folks by $30-40k SUVs and Trucks! I wouldn't be complaining if i was in the market, but just ONE more government program that can NOT be planned/managed/implemented correctly (and Obama's comment that the USPS competes with Fed Ex/UPS and isn't doing well, that helps his case???? LOL):

administration officials usually don't mention is that some trucks and sport-utility vehicles that get less than 20 miles per gallon, like the Ford F-150 truck and one version of the Cadillac SRX Crossover, also are being purchased with the new government subsidies.

the Hummer H3Ts on the lot that are eligible for clunker rebates.

"The Cash for Clunkers is definitely generating traffic for Cadillac and Hummer,"

And we all know Caddy's and Hummers are high profit margins!

http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/aut...ehicles/;_ylc=X3oDMTE5M3F1NDB1BF9TAzI3MTYxNDk

LMAO....Trep, you know as well as i do,.....people still want BIG, powerful stuff,...despite the gov't best efforts to tell YOU what you REALLY want!! I just read a report where we're 17,000 orders BEHIND on the Camaro!! Obama and Pelosi and Frank all want you in your Smart Cars, and your Aveo's and your Prius's and as they fly all over in their jet's telling you to be more eco-friendly,....the REAL American's are still buying SUV's, P/U trucks and race cars,...those same folks will tell the gov't where to pack their "change"..;)

Carry on!

yup!

I also read a few place lately that the Gov't is planning/may well artificially raise gas prices to FORCE folks into the smart/fuel efficient cars whether they like it or not!

wow cash for a HUMMER! something about the sound of that

:lol:

That Post Office comment sure pi$$ed me off Trep and probably about 700,000 other's that work there and haven't gotten a raise in over 5 years.. I'd like to see FedEx and U.P.S. handle the billions pieces of mail while also delivering their parcels. The fact is that when U.P.S. went on strike in the middle 70's, the moronic Postal management bailed them out by delivering their parcels while saying they didn't want all of that parcel business??? Now, if it was the United Uncle Billy Post Office, with over 700,000 employees, 11,000 post offices, and an incredible amount of vehicles at my disposal, I would have delivered parcels at 1/2 or even no cost at all until U.P.S. was out of business and then I would be painting their vehicles, that I bought from the banks handling the bankruptcy, a new gleaming white and putting United Billy POst Office decals on them..Then I would hire even more employees to just drive the trucks and only deliver parcels. Then no FedEx or DHL or any other's would have gotten into the parcel delivery business.

And I completely agree with Mac! Big, powerful, loud cars and trucks are hard wired in the male psych. It is in mine anyway:D I just saw a picture of the new Shelby Cobra Mustang that's coming out and even though for cars I'm a Chevy man, I got a tingle throughout me looking at it. I bought that Mercedes some time back that I told you all about and it's by far the nicest car to drive that I ever have. By far! BUT, I want to hear the motor roar and get away from that darn red light ahead of that smirking kid in his 4-cylinder whatever with the huge pipes and radio up to a ridiculous volume:eek: It doesn't make any sense at all to want all of that H.P. but it's something primeval, and though I will control myself, I do so want a big block Camaro:lol:

Uncle Billy

Uncle Billy - I thought you might not like Obama's comment about the USPS! Don't blame ya one bit!!

AND Double YUP on the Major HP in the male genes!! Just got back from the phone store (looking at a new phone) and 0-65 on the on-ramp in under 6 seconds in the Magnum feels GREAT!

Trep wanna race I can get 0-60 In less than 5 sec...Also faster than the charger ... so far my average MPG has been 15...I have been looking at the cts caddy though.....JR

OK JR but only as long as YOU have your Ranger hooked up to the G8, and I have my Nitro hooked up to my Magnum!!!

I LOVE the personal service that we still get from our Postal Person. But I'd have to agree with many, that when I need to 'get it there and be sure that it gets there', I look for the FEDEX Box and truck.

For everyday mail, the USPS does a good job.

Tex

HA It would have the front tires 3 feet In the air " WHEELIE "

When I mail something I want it there today and I want my mail delivered to me instantly like email. I use two stamps a month only because I can't pay those bills on line. I guess what I am saying is that the rise or fall of the USPS is not in my hands cause I only spend 88 cents a month but, I am like every other American, I am going to bi*ch when it takes 3 days for me to get mail. I am in favor of the USPS to continue to open and deliver mail 6 days a week and I really don't care if the price of a stamp goes to dollar each. But I only use two stamps a month.

My 2001 V6 Ford Explorer Sport Trac is eligible for a cash for clunkers rebate on a new Sport Trac. With a V8.

:)

Latest posts

Back