Can the auto parts store match up trailer bearings?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Droke

Reaction score
Need to replace the trailer bearings on my 1994 Tracker trailer. Is it best to take them to the autoparts store for a cross reference or can they be ordered by specific part number?

Yes you can. I recommend you pull the old parts and get the part numbers off the old parts. When I pulled mine, my inner and outer were different from the book. I think it was an aftermarket spindle. Also at my auto parts (o'reilly's) the counter man looked up the part numbers in a book to cross to a set. It was cheaper than buying a bearing and cup separately. I believe my part number was something like A16 or A17 for the set.

Take care,

Dennis in Al

As long as the counter person is smart enough yes. Take one side apart and take the bearings, races and seal with you. This will make everybodies life easier.

BF

Awesome! Thanks for the information. Now if it will stop raining enough to allow me to get the boat out of my back yard I can do some repair. Merry Christmas to everyone!!

Latest posts

Back