Calling All Cheeseheads

• Thread starter Scott Hammer TOXIC
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Hammer TOXIC

Reaction score
Here's the deal, going to Wisconsin for 2 weeks starting the 4th of July. First week at Chain of Lakes in Waupaca. Normally we get a second week on the same chain but at a different cottage. This year the owners of the second cottage have decided not to rent......We have located a second cottage but it is on another lake and I am having a problem getting any info on it. It is Pine Lake up between Wild Rose and Waupaca. It is in Waushera (sp?)county. Anybody have any info? Also I am still hoping to get together with some of you bluebloods!!

TOXIC

Tox, no idea on Pine Lake but I am all for a get together. You could also fish the Winnebago Chain which is right here...great fishing, lots of weeds and several good river systems you can run up. Just a thought. Shoot me an E-mail with the details of your trip and we will get together for some good fishing.

--Corey

Toxic- Go to Lake-link.com. Look under fishing reports. Type in the name of the lake under the search option. Or, you can post this same question under the Outdoor Message Board and you should get all the info that you need. Lake-Link is a very active website with alot of people willing to answer your questions.

Tox... Love to meet up with you while you're here... And, the Lake-link idea is a good one, they usually have good info... And, as the time gets clsoe I can maybe get you some info from a Guide who is a friendof mine...

AHHHHHHHHHHH.....Looks to me like the lake is either 93 or 143 acres!! That SUCKS!! I'm not saying there's probably not some fish in it but c'mon...93 acres....aint gonna happen. My boat will touch both banks....Now the question seems to be Is there a lake CLOSEBY with any size that we could all meet up on. This is a family vacation and I have to make sure that I am not driving halfway across the state to fish and leave the family in the cottage. I need to be able to make it back within a reasonable time. If there isn't, I may just leave the boat at home. Yanking it all the way up there for a week in the Waupaca Chain is pointless...2 weeks yes....1 week + good fishing nearby for a week, yes, but 1 week and stranded on a puddle...nope! Help me out here guys. It is in Waushara County.

TOXIC

The Winnebago Chain is only 6 miles from where you are staying and trust me your boat will not touch both ends! I have been there about 10 times and it offers excellent Bass fishing....Largemouth in the weedy shallow lakes and Smallmouth in the rivers. (Wolf and Fox rivers)

--Corey

Tox,

I'll get some info to you today... And, I am sure that Corey will have some ideas as well...

Here's the preliminary info (condensed) Pine Lake 143 acres... Shaped like an hourglass that got folded to one side , nearly bissected by a long narrow point... one end 12' deep hole in center the other about 45' deep ... 2.5 miles of shoreline. good numbers of walleyes very good numbers of Northern Pike with some being huge, over 40". In addition some LM Bas with some going over 3#... Call John Lauritzen, Lauritzen Enterprises 920-622-3312 is listed as a contact for lake info...

Next, you are about 30 miles or less from Winnecone.... I know Dennis (guide friend) will know a lot about the area...

It's looking up!! Get out the PowerPro, I''m goin after toothy critters!! Let's see, how many white spinnerbaits have I got? So, I am gonna be close enough for us to meet somewhere??

Thanks for the help guys!!

TOXIC

Oh yeah... We'll definitely be moochin beer and cheetos off you... As a matter of fact Corey was just sayin that maybe we ought to drop in by Tox's cabin on Monday meet his family and such... you know hang out and get to know em real well... Then go out fishin' Thursaday or so... really overstay the welcome!!!! LOL

Yeah, and we could all race boats around that 93 acre puddle and make all sorts of friends for you Tox!

Bring your jetski's Also!! We need to set this up as the time gets close. You are welcome to come to Waupaca....or like I said, let's find some big water to play on!!

TOXIC

Let's get serious for a minute and think... We have Winneconne and then Haazes for dinner... Tox has never seen a whole cow on one plate! And, Corey, we could get a room at the "Resort" and you could hear my snoring from the same room not just down the hall...

I forgot about "Hauses"...holy cow to say the least! I am not ashamed to say I had the princess cut of prime rib there...all 2 pounds of it! Greg went for the fences and had 4 pounds of it!

And..I am a heavy sleeper but no way could I sleep throught the seismic activity when you snoore!

--Corey

Corey... stop exaggerating... it was a 46 ozs piece of prime rib... to be seen on www.nsbass.com 2002 tourney photos for Winnecone... The Cheeseburger was the unbelieveable sight... bigger than a 10 inch dinner plate!

Neeley says he needs drugs/booze to share a room... Doesn't bother me... LOL

All I'm sayin is that Prime Rib was bigger than some Birthday Cakes I have seen! Should have came out with candles...

Latest posts

Back