Cabin Fever Blues

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Hammer TOXIC

Reaction score
Not me!!!! Thought I would rub it in a little for those now affected with that yuky white snow stuff.....Took my 6 year old to the lake. She dug up a box of garden worms and wanted to go fishing. So, off we went(1 1/2 hours away). Let her catch some gills when all of a sudden she got into a school of biggens!! Pumpkin seeds...about a pound each. After three or four she was whinning about wanting to keep some (I did not want to clean fish tonight) so I said if she would eat them, I would keep 2. Within about 5 min. the well had a couple of nice fish. We didn't get out till noon so at 3 I told her we were going to go get a BIG fish for dinner....She wanted to "go fast" so off we went. Got to the spot and she looks at me and says "You were going so fast, it blew my mouth open".LOL!! Gotta love that cool weather!! I pop open the lunch bag and tell her to have a seat and eat while I fish. I, just for grins, put a deep diving Redfin on an old Shakespere spinning rod with line that is about 2 years old, and started trolling while we ate lunch....Murphys law....WHAM!!! A striper decides it lunchtime and almost pulls the rod out of my hand...I was stuffin my face with sammich!! Sooooo...spittin bread all over the boat trying to tell a 6 year old to "GET THE NET"...

Wheres the net Dad?

In the front compartment...

Which compartment?

The big one...

Which big one?

The one in the middle!!

There's 3 in the middle...This one?

No

This one?

No

Oh, this BIG one in the middle....

Yeah, that's it..

Baby, GET ME THE NET!!

Don't yell at me.

I'm not yelling at you.

Cause if you yell , YOU can get the net.

No I can't, this fish is about to pull me into the lake!!

Then don't yell.

She finally gets the net out and we got to have a 5lb striper for dinner tonight. Mmmmmmmmmm, sure was tasty, broiled with a little lemon butter and parsley, fried spuds and white wine.

Full tummy, dry pants, nappy time!! LOL~~

TOXIC

LOL!!

Sounds like Mrs. Tox had a discussion with her daughter on how to keep dad in line!!

LOL!!

You know..... A few years ago, when John Foster was thinking aboput selling his boat, I told the story about taking my ex-wife and her daughter blue gill fishing..... Ain't no better way in the world to have fun with a child than bluegill fishing!

Oh lord! I just went back and found that set of posts! That was back in September and October of 2000! Here's my story......

I've been divorced for about 20 years now.....

When I came along, my ex-wife had a little girl who wasn't quite 1 year old. As she grew, I got a chance to do more with her than just change diapers!

One of my fondest memories was the first time I took them fishin' fer Bluegill! We headed out to my father's house on the outskirts of St. Louis where there was a lake of about 50 acres just loaded with hand sized bluegill. On the way we stopped to get a bucket of crickets and a cane pole for Ashley; she thought the crickets were curious creatures - Linda thought they were disgusting! We got to the lake and went out in a small boat that was about 12' long with a 9 hp on it just to get out in the middle. We anchored and I baited their lines. Linda wouldn't bait her own - thoght the crickets were just too creepy! I suggested that, as a nurse, she had had her hands in MUCH nastier things....... NOT convincing! She still wouldn't touch them! Then the action started! You know how bluegill are when you get on a bed! Bam! Bam! Bam! I couldn't keep up with unhooking THEIR caught fish and rebaiting THEIR hooks - much less getting a chance to wet a line myself! That was it for Linda! Full blooded Italian/Spanish she wasn't know for her patience with me - into the bucket went her hand and out came the crickets for her hook! Ashley was a blast! She'd sit there, cane pole in hand (shortened to fit a 5 year old) and watch for that bobber to dip...... And her excitement every time she would bring one up!! One of the most joyful memories of my life!!!!!!

We kept the bluegills (I actually cleaned them!) and had filets that night for dinner! Ate 'em like potato chips!

Ashley is about 26 now...... I haven't seen she or her mother in 20 years....... It hurts. I still and always will have some wonderful memories.......

You, John Foster and Rich Stern and all others out there with kids...... You are very blessed!

Hey Tox --

Son-in-Law 2 weeks ago went fishing on Beaver Lake in AK.

The had a great guide -- 1st day out -- all 4 in their party had their limit of strippers in 2hrs. Smallest was 15# the biggest was 27#-- 2nd day it took less then 2 hours to limit out.. Sound like fun..

HaleDamage

Hale, they are a blast to catch...closest you will get to salt water fishing in fresh...they pull like the dickens.

TOXIC

Hey Me...

Let's see, my 18yr old daughter managed to leave the front door of the house open Friday after she left for school.... It was raining and of course water blew in and soaked the carpet and the couch... Blessed...yes...but it does come at a price...my hair is gone... my sanity is pushed farther back into the realm of "maybe someday"...

Latest posts

Back