BWS Kentucky Lake

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teri C.

Reaction score
I am on my way to Kentucky Lake to fish the Bass Weekend Series tournament tomorrow. The only time I've ever been on this lake was a rally years ago for NTOWS. Ha! I've come a long way since then and owned about 5 different boats. lol. Just hoping to weigh a few to move up in points to make the regionals.

Have a great weekend everyone! Be safe and wear your life jackets. A guy was killed here on my lake last night when 2 bass boats collided.

Good luck, I suspect you will catch some good ones. A friend of mine caught a lot of bass over the July 4 week on a dead wood pattern. Most were 18-20" fish.....

I weighed my 1st limit (co's only keep 3) and I finished in 13 place. 7 thru 13 were ounces apart so I am quite proud of my finish. It moved me up to 19th overall in points and considering I blanked the 1st 2 tournaments, I am feeling pretty good. The top 40 go to Regionals so I think I have a spot locked in now. Not bad for a girl. :p

Boy did I miss Mini as my boat driver. It was pretty windy in the morning and Kentucky lake was rockin'. I got beat to death for the 1st 2 hours. I was soaked after riding to each spot. I am not a good just of wake size but they were huge and white caps everywhere. My back was killing me after 2 hours and I barely got out of bed on Sunday. I've never felt like that after fishing. Considering we had no keepers in the 1st 2 hours, I was pretty miserable but the day got calmer and better.

Fished at least 30 feet of water all day. Not my thing!!! but I quickly adjusted with a 1/2 tungsten and a 10" worm. Caught all my fish on that. Missed several because I am not good at setting the hook when I am pulling sideways. Much better when I could hold my rod straight up and down. It was too windy to do that and keep the line tight. Caught several shorts (15" limit) but ended up putting together 3 respectable fish. I wanted that kicker so bad but I lost my only chance at one. Not sure what happened other than the hook wasn't set. Rod was totally bent over. I yanked and reeled and then it just let go. Oh well, that's why I am not a boater. ha!

I have one more tournament to improve my spot for regionals. It's a 2 day tournament on Old Hickory at the end of August. You bet I will be out there practicing until then.

go get em girl...

just dont get too high or too low. afterall its only fishing!

Oh and thats all you miss about me? I am disappointed :)

Mini, I am not "high" over a 13th place finish...just happy I had fun again and it made me feel good to weigh a limit and have a respectable finish among the men. I did get pretty low after blanking my 1st 2 tournaments. I weighed 2 during tournament #3 which made me happy to weigh fish but I finished 28th. This one just gave me a little confidence going into our last tournament which is 2 days instead of 1.

Great job Teri! Glad to see you hooked up with a tourney trail, and are taking to the streets with the guys! keep it up!!

Teri, how many were in the tourney? A 13th sounds good to me especially if it is/was a large tourney!

Randy!

Back