Bull Shoals Lake

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Robert, What type of tackle are you used to using bait caster or spinning reels and what type of baits are your "go to baits" cranks, soft plastics what? This would help me answer some of your questions.

Yes your on track with that, Jigs as well try to stay with the more subtle presentations like watermelon candy or clear smoke baits like that and I hope your are comfortable with fluorocarbon? Try to stay in the 6-8lb but no more than 10lb test just be careful with the drag you'll have to work for those fish. I have not fished that particular lake before but I have fished tournaments on gin clear lakes and did well with those presentations. I am new to this site and I am not sure if I can recommend a jig but I will tell you one that I really have had great luck with it is the Sump'n Sump'n jig by Northstar Jigs tell them Izzi sent you! You will want the Karens Special Color or the Texas Smoke 1/4 or 3/16 oz and follow them up with a Zoom watermelon candy craw for Karens and a Zoom black craw for the smoke. I usually cut about and inch to inch and a half off the body to make it a smaller presentation for the clear water. Good luck and Tight Lines.

The Dragon

Latest posts

Back