%@$**&%@! Boat cover!!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry Harp

Reaction score
Getting all ready to spend the weekend at Lake Sardis (one of the lakes mentioned in the Roland Martin theme song, "The Great American Fisherman")and when I take the El Cheapo boat cover off I find that it has leaked BIG TIME from a storm we had about a week ago and water is standing about 3" deep in the boat. ARRRRGGGHHH!!. I just got it dried out from when it was in the shop and they didn't put the cover back on and it got rained on. This time all the rods& reels had been soaking, the cork handles were mildewed, the rain gear was soaked. I haven't had much trouble with this cover because I always "tent" it up with the pedestal seat and the motor but this time I don't know. My daughter is moving out again this weekend and hopfully taking all her junk with her, maybe I can reclaim the garage.

Just wanted to cry on a sympathic shoulder. Thanks all.

Harpo

It's OK..mines got a leak I can't find.. Only leaks into 1 compartment but I can't seem to find a tear or scratch anywhere near that area..

BF

Thanks for the advice guys but when I hooked up the trailer and moved the boat off my steep driveway I had water running down the street. My driveway is so steep that even when the boat is jacked up all the way it's just sitting level. Nothing will drain unless I hook up and turn it around. I gotta get my garage back.

Harpo

Total loss of all control is more like it. For many years I was able to park 2 cars, 4 bicycles, 1 lawnmower, 2 fertilizer spreaders, and all the other worthless crap that a family aqumulates in the garage. A couple of years ago a pipe in the attic broke and all the stuff in the house went to the garage while things like carpet and sheet rock were replaced. Problem is that all the stuff that went into the garage from the kids rooms didn't go back into the house. I just about had it completly cleared out earlier this year when my daughter moved back home from a brief stint of being on her own. Back went furniture and boxes of STUFF. She's back out on her own again this coming weekend and what she doesn't take with her will go to the dumpster.

A bass boat is a terrible thing to waste.

Harpo

Latest posts

Back