"Boat Buddy" - Is it worth having?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary Cooke

Reaction score
I usually launch & load my 1997 Targa 18 alone. I am considering installing a "Boat Buddy." It seems like a pretty neat accessory. I would be interested in pros and cons, likes and dislikes about this product. Thank you in advance for your appreciated opinions and advice.

I have one on my trailer. As long as you only use it for hooking up the boat to the trailer at the ramp. Once you are off the ramp open it back up and attach your winch strap and a bow hold down strap and or safety chain. It should not be use to hold the boat on the trailer while towing. You could bend the pin and then its a real hassle to use. Been there, Done that.

John F.

John

I had one on my first glass bass boat.....I loved it. Ditto the bow strap....use it...I forgot one and couldnt get my boat off the trailer!

Otherwise very convenient.....oh yes, another thing. Make sure your fishing partner knows how to "ready" the system before backing down the ramp.

Mini

Latest posts

Back