BIG BIG BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!!!!!

• Thread starter Ken Neeley [URL]www.camp2fires.com[/URL]
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ken Neeley

Reaction score
I've been working on a deal for a little over a year to buy a Sporting goods store, and I am happy to say that we close next Friday and I will be in and operating Saturday the 13th!!!

I will be doing a radio show next Saturday, the 13th to announce it, from 7am-10am eastern time.

It is a Michigan station and the show is called Bob Bauer's Outdoor World.

You can listen live with streaming audio, the link is below the pic's ....feel free to call in....248-559-9797.

My heart, my soul, and ALL of my money has gone into this deal, and it is now becoming a reality!!!

It's a 5,000 sq. ft. stand alone building, which has been in business for nearly 30 years, specializing in hunting, fishing, archery, firearms.

The name is KD OUTDOORS, located in Waterford, on M59 just west of the Oakland Pontiac Airport.

I will need EACH and every member here to spend only $1,492.37 at the Grand Opening!!!:D

The website needs to be revamped, but here it is.

www.kdoutdoors.net

KD1.jpg

archery.jpg

bait_tackle.jpg

firearms.jpg

kd6.jpg

rods_reels.jpg

Listen to live streaming audio here:
www.camp2fires.com

Congratualations Ken!

I didn't think they allowed sporting goods in California. :lol:

Congrats... roomie... This is a big move for you and I am thrilled.

JDJ....California???

Greg.....I need to talk to you about some 'puter combobluations, can I call you in a few minutes???

And I lost your number....:wacko:

That's cool Ken. I have a sister and brother in law that live in Rochester, MI. That's close, isn't it???

Steve

Steve,

Rochester is very close.....are they sportsmen???

Great! Excellent persistence on your part, Ken. I am proud. It's the stuff success stories are made of.

I need a bunch of stuff. Looking forward to placing my first order.

Rich,

As soon as Mac designs my logo next week, I'll be calling you to place some ads on your sites!!!

Thanx for all of your behind the scenes help.

BTW....do you know of any website designers that work cheap?

And do you host sites yourself???

I can't tell you how happy I am for you. Couldn't happen to a better (or wierder) person.:p:lol:

A wise guy....uhhh I ment a WISE MAN once gave me a list of stuff I should always have with me. I'm sure you can supply all this stuff....do you deliver?:rolleyes:

1 AAA battery

A bike inner tube

A spare change of underwear

6 postage stamps

A paper clip

2 turtle-doves

A hockey puck---regulation

3 jack-nuts

A copy of War and Peace

Wax Paper

Grass seed

Gynecologist's phone number

Spare blades for the mower

Silly Putty

4 boiled eggs

300 feet of parachute cord

Dr. Scholl's foot powder

100 lbs. of Ice....(buy it before you leave, you'll have cold water when you get there)

A wishbone from last Thanksgiving's turkey

Nair Hair remover

A vanilla scented candle

Baby-Wipes

Preparation-H...economy size

4 eyes-of-newt

Dried gizzard of lizard

9 chicken beaks

Parrafin Wax

VCR

Cordless Phone

Strawberry Jam

Tweezers

Paragoric

Castor Oil

2 mouse traps

cheese for the mouse traps

crackers for any leftover cheese that the mice don't eat

3 cats to chase the mice that the mouse traps don't get

cat food for the cats

soy sauce to cook the cats in if you don't catch fish to eat

nose hair clippers

Flow-Bee hair cutting kit

Picture of MAC to put by my bed at night

Picture of MINI to take in the shower with me

Soap for the shower

Loofah pad for the shower

Body gel....for the shower

Handcuffs

Key for the Handcuffs

SPARE key for the Handcuffs

Hack saw for the Handcuffs...if I lose the spare key

Feather Boa...1 each, pink, pastel blue, and magenta

Sewing needles

kumquats

Staple remover

Nail gun

beer-bong

Owner's Manual for a '74 Harley

Eyebrow Shaver in case Rob show's up!!!

Bullhorn

Chopsticks....(for the cat marinated in soy sauce)

and.................TOOTHPASTE!!!!!!!

Good luck in your new venture. I'll be sending positive vibes your way.

Harpo

Congrats Ken! I know that you have worked hard.

So....do you have any Guest chargers????:lol:

Congratulations Ken, you deserve this, let me know if you need anything..

Buzz

Ken,

that is the best news I've heard in a long time .CONGARTS. It couldn't happen to a better man. I'm truely happy for you and your family.

I'm going to need a crossbow soon.

Mark:cool:

That's awesome news, Ken. I'm really happy for you and wish you more success with this venture than you could possibly imagine. May BassPro Shops and Cabela's feel you stalking them every inch of the way.

Smart alec remark to your Oakland reference Ken.

Can we buy online at your store?

JDJ,

Got it!!!

No online capability yet, but it is my first priority....just gotta find an inexpensive way to get the site revamped and set up.

ken,

congrats on the new deal, look like a great shop. i wish you were in our part of the world. we really need a good all around sportsman shop.

good luck with the endevor!!

GregD

ABOUT TIME!!! You still better get time off in June!! Better get some KeelShields in there and Yamamoto, SPRO, Gamakatsu, GUEST chargers and CastAway rods!! That outta about cover it!!:p

Congrats Ken.....Git er' done!!

TOXIC

What kind of free open house gifts are you giving Ken ??????? HAHAHHAH I wish you only the best..I had 3 of them In the 70s..finally got out of the business because of the firearm B.S. But you will do great there... Michigan has alot to offer, Indiana only has hoosiers..Go Figure......JR... PS I will have my cousins come by, they have trailers up there north of mesick or what ever It's called way up north..They are up there alot..I will have them come by....JR

Awesome job Ken..

Let us know when the website's crankin. This will give me a good excuse to buy some stuff.

Steve

Ken,

I knew that you had been working hard on this. My hat's off to you for getting it done, and I wish you nothing but the best. Unfortunately, you won't have any more time to hunt, fish or find mushrooms. So, turn the keys to Camp Neeley over to the NTOWS crew, and we'll mind the 'other' store for you !

Congratulations and best wishes.

Tex

Woohoo Ken.. Way to go!!! I'm really happy to see this new venture of yours come to fruition. I know you've wanted and worked very hard for this and you're made it happen. I can only come up with about $1200.00 for opening day but promise to make up for it when I can order on-line.:lol:

Uncle Billy

Castaway????? Toxic!!!!! lol

I spoke with Kim the other day.

Ken, you know.

BTW Call Shannon about the site. She just picked up XTools. Still doing All Star too. She will work with you on pricing.

Mini

Ken, congratulations. You have done what alot of us probably wish we could do and you are the boss to boot. Way to go! Bill, the Mad Kayaker

Ken,

Congratulations dude...!!! I used to work there when it was Kelly's, and Wayne (Kelly's dad) still owned the joint. That was my last gig before becoming a P.O. many years ago. Good for you....I have alot of fond memories from when I worked there. I'll be sure to stop in.

Smitty

Mini....Just got my rods from them and they are SWEET!!:lol: And in the tradition of the "family", I'm sure we can stroll into Ken's place and cart off whatever we want.....protection payments you know.

TOXIC

MVM baby!!

Ken - TOTALY SWEET dude! i am soo sych'd for you, I know you've been working behind the scenes and wanted to be your own boss, now just change the name to "Crazy Neeley's" and you are in BUSINESS!!!!

When you get your website and on-line purchasing/shipping/billing set up, call me mybrothafromanothamotha and we'll work a 2 boat deal to wrap Dan and my Nitro's with "KBoutdoors.com" on it and that FAMOUNS Moors Webcame of your face!!!!

Congrats on the new digs dude! Being your own boss is awesome with the help of the good Lord. God bless you and your new shop!

Jeff from Ky

I'm glad to see Ken take over the store I know it will be in good hands.

It has been a landmark for as long as I've known and I know I won

Congrats Ken!! Don't get up your way much, but set up the website and I'll get to work on that $1,300 plus figure!

JC

Very nice Ken!!!!!! But you know the boss never gets to go fishin.:eek::eek::eek:

SWEEEEETTTTTTTTT Ken, this calls for some extra J&C!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I WILL have you a cool a$$ wallhanger when we come up!!!!

I can swing almost your opening day requirement!!!! I will miss the show next Saturday though, I fly back from Germany then.....

How far is that from your house Ken?

All the best! I always admire the folks that step off into such ventures.

Congrats Ken! I will be happy to order $1492.37 worth of product...Will you take an out of state bad check?;)

You will be my first stop once the online ordering is up!

Rich D

Congratulations, Ken !!! I guess I haven't been keeping up on the site because I had no idea about your venture. I wish you all the best and you might think about adding on a cafe so you can mix in you true love of cooking. Cheers!

Good luck Ken. Look forward to placing some orders when you get your web site up and running. Jim Moore:):D

That's awesome Ken,....I have to go to my Nephew's wedding Saturday, so I won't be able to stop in,..but I'll listen to you on the radio on my way out of town!!;)

Seeya soon,

Mac

Ken,

I am going to see Kid Rock friday night witha couple of hotties and golfing saturday morning. I will come by saturday afternoon/eve for festivities :)

Sunday fishing with kimmel.

Mini

Congrats Ken. I get up that way about once a year and I will make the trip there when I do.

Goodluck till then ..... Boss.

Remember that BOSS spelled backwards is double SOB!

Randy!:D

Congrats Ken. I'm with the majority, get that online service up and an order coming your way.

Neeley great deal man!!!! I remember about a year ago you where looking into doing something like this. Get you website updated and I will swing some $$ your way for some hunting stuff. I may be in the market for a new bow so if you have any "closeouts" from the orginal owner keep me informed (that goes for fishing stuff to). Best of luck and much sucess on your new venture.

Donnie

Our own Rich Stern is gonna handle the website design and implementation for me.....it's in the works as I type.

We'll be up and online soon.

Thank you for all the well-wishes and support!!!

Congrats Ken! Glad to see it's all coming together for you. Kathy and i will stop by Sat. afternoon with a little "house warming" goodie...

Craig

Congrats, Ken. I know you'll do great.

Gene

looks like rain for saturday....might come by afterall...when are you going to get an aquarium? :)

Mine,

You betta drag your a$$ there Saturday!! Support him and all that ;)

Plus you have to let them know that the Don approves HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH:D

Well I gotta fish.....full moon this weekend.....see my other post.

Mini

Congrats Ken!!! Can I be on your pro-staff? :D

I was at the store Sunday morning with Ken doing some landscaping and general curb appeal stuff. Then we went inside and poked around a little and Ken was explaining his "vision" of what he would like to see KD Outdoors become.

If Ken can make 1/2 his ideas come true the store will be a HUGE success.

Dude, you know I got your back....anything you need just ask. I will stock shelves for pizza, mow the lawn for Senko's and dress up like a Bass and do cartwheels on the side of M-59 for Hooter's...wings that is. :)

Speaking of which....

I just landed a couple of exclusive seats to the Michigan State Finals of the Hooters Bikini Contest (at the Roseville Store). Then the after party too :)

Now if I can only get judge status.....

I t aint easy being me.....lol

Kid Rock tomorrow night w/more than yall can stomach.,,,,,,u should see this one.....

DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

neway.

off,,,,,

Way to go Ken!!!

You're on my list for the next time I'm over on the "right side"....

Best of Luck!

az

Latest posts

Back