BFL Illini division

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Tosello

Reaction score
I am looking for any member here that is interested in fishing the Illini division as a Co-Angler. It helps when you find someone to sign up with, so I figured i'd ask around here before i find a total stranger off of the FLW site. I am from the Chicagoland area ( south burbs ) and am willing to share travel and lodging expenses and also prefish with my co-angler. The 2005 schedule is as follows:

April 24th Shelbyville

May 14th Rend Lake

June 4th Kentucky Lake

July 9th Ohio River

Sept 10th & 11th Shelbyville

Let me know soon....

Mike

Mike, whereabouts from the south subs are you?

I've been contemplating the BFL on and off.

I'm in Oak Forest myself. Please explain to me how this angler/co-angler thing works. Hypethetically, would you and I fish the tournaments together or just practice together? What about costs and such? Thanks, Jim N

Jim,

I am from Thornton, not too far from you at all...

I have been fishing the Illini division of the BFL for 4 years now and have had a blast, Its a well organized system and you meet alot of great guys throughout the year.

The reason i am looking for a Co-angler is, When you sign up as a Boater and bring someone along as Co-angler, you basically are bringing a full boat to the event. It guarantees both of us that we will be fishing ( Myself as a Boater and you as a Co-angler). If I were to register without having someone to signup with, there may end up being more boaters than co-anglers. Then another boater and I would have to flip a coin to see which one of us gets to use our boat and fishes as a Boater. NOT SOMETHING I WANT TO HAVE HAPPEN.

If you were to signup with me, we could travel and lodge together to make our expenses less and prefish together the day before each event... I am in a position where I can take days off, I realize that alot of guys cant.

Boaters pay $200 and Co-anglers $100, At the meeting the night before the tournament you will be drawn together with another boater at random, Thats where you talk about things you need to bring, places where you'll be fishing and what time to meet in the morning... ect.

All Boaters fish against boaters and Co-anglers against co-anglers. Meaning, your only worried about the guys on the back of all the other boats, not what your boater catches or guys on the front of other boats.It basically like 2 tournaments at the same time.

I can explain more over the phone if you decide you want to do this, Let me know and we can exchange phone numbers if you like...

Mike

Let me kick it around a while Mike. Thanks for the responce.

Mike -

If you ever feel like you need a partner for a tournament..... If they allow you to bring someone different to each event..... And you get REALLY desperate..... Let me know. I don't know where my life is going enough to make any kind of committments any length of time in advance - but I could be available on short notice.

On that big boat of your's, you'd never even know I was back there! LOL!!

me!

[email protected]

618-288-5041

Latest posts

Back