Berkley Vanish Transition ?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've used it as a leader for my braided line in clear water. You have to VERY careful how you set your drag. Other than that it works well but I much rather use MaCoy Mean Green if the water is not gin clear.

Dont buy it from Wally World. I have a spool that keeps breaking on me. Otherwise I love it.

Donnie

Hutch

I am a frequent lurker(daily) and sometimes poster on this board, I am also a Product Manager for Pure Fishing Canada. we have been having good success with Vanish Transition, with very few complaints. We are getting lots of people using it Ice fishing here for Crappie and swear thier catch percentage is up. Try it , and let me know your thoughts.

Bill

The stuff is great, I use it on almost all of my light tackle, finesse presentations...

david

I have been using the 6# on my dropshot rod and have had good luck with it.

I use the 20# for pitching and have been pleased. For smaller test sizes I use BPS XPS flourocarbon . Some of my friends have had problems with the lighter test breaking on the hookset with transition. I had problems with the vanish myself.

Thanks for all the replys I'm going to try it on a few diferent rods in different # and see what happens but will have a few back ups with other line if it gives me trouble.

Thanks Hutch

Yeah I have been using 8lb and breaking with hooksets (the Wal Mart stuff). I bought my first spool at a tackel shop and never had any problems with it. I use it for Float and Fly.

Latest posts

Back