Bent Prop

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David B2

Reaction score
So, first day out, the weather is perfect, boat is running great and what happens... I bend my prop on some rocks due to the lower water and the fact that I wasn't paying attention. Idiot. Good thing I was going slow.

I know that I'm going to have to get it repaired, but how urgent is it. It's only a slight bend/bite at the end of the blade. can I manage for a little while...? Can I fix this myself?

The boat seemed to run fine after, and didn't seem as though the engine was working harder. I'm running a 75hp on a 700 Nitro, what should I be running at...?

Oh, and on top of that...no fish

Thanks

David

I wouldn't try to repair it myself unless you absolutely know what you are doing.

Depending on the size of your outboard, it may be a big issue or a small issue and it depends on the size of the ding.

If you are losing MPH or RPM or experiencing vibrations while running, get it repaired professionally.

If you know how to align a prop, then I'd say go for it yourself. It's usually about $30-50 to repair an aluminum prop around here in S. Florida so I bet you'd be able to get it repaired for about the same.

Vibrations in the lower unit due to a bent prop can cause big motor problems. Don't let it go.

Latest posts

Back