Been boating the Crappie this spring!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texas Transplant

Reaction score
I've really been dialed in on the Crappie here on Palestine for the past two weeks. I have some time and the weather has been good (lower wind than usual), so I decided that I would really work on 'shooting docks' with my spinning outfit.

Been catching crappie, catfish, white bass and largemouth pretty consistently. Not huge numbers or size, but having a great time on the water. The one thing I've found right now, is that the fish are biting the devil out of a Bass Assasin 'pink on pink' minnow jig. Small minnow shaped jig with a grub like tail. Fishing them on a 1/64th oz jighead, so they will fall slowly and stay in the water column while retrieving.

Really getting pretty good at shooting it far up under the docks. Gotten to where I only need 2-3 inches of space to get it under there (6" and I can put it 10-12 feet up under larger docks.

Have a friend coming up for the weekend, so hopefully we will get a mess of slabs - along with some pics.

Crisco, slabs and Dos Equis XX (Amber). Ummmm, ummmmm good. :wub::wub::wub::p

Tex

Latest posts

Back