Bassmaster series

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe G

Reaction score
hey all i just entered the lk toho june 5 tourny in the new bassmaster series. It is good timing. its 3 weeks after the state feds qualifer on toho. I have talked to alot of guys and as much controversy there is about the sharing combined weights with the boater. i feel odds are better to cash a check. we shall see. Figure i'd try it since i think Ma Bass will change this for next year..

I was also making plans to fish the Florida Division (Okee and toho), but when I found out about the new shared weight I backed out. However, I will be fishing the Pro Tour at Toho on Jan 27-30 as a non-boater. When I found out this one was also shared weight I tried to back out but I had already promised my better half that we would spend time at her parents in Kissimmee. This shared weight thing is not going over very well, I will be very suprised if they keep it for next year.

Joe, the "Odds" are better that you will weight in more fish/lbs but the odds are the same, as the old way, that you will cash a check.

The one thing I do not like about this is what if you have a excellent tourny 3fish/21 lbs, you end up beating all other non-boaters and your boater bombs 1 fish/2lbs. You end up out of the money even though you beat all the other non-boaters. Now look on the other side. You get skunked and you boater has a monster day brings in 5 fish for 35lbs, final results you get a check (and you did not even caught one fish!). If you look at both situations and you are a reasonable person you will see that it is not fair on both ends.

As a personal choice I will not fish that format. I am waiting to see what they do with the opens. (There e-mail reply was they have to plans to change the opens as of now)?

Fishing the non-boater side of the northern division last year includeing the championship I out fished my boaters 10 out of 12 days. I had 2 days I did not weigh fish and it was not because the boater did not try, it was because they stuck to a plan that was not working. On the last day I got to fish on the championship after fishing hard all day my boater ask if there was any place I would like to fish because 1 fish could have put me in the top ten. The places I had fished with Greg were to far to run so I picked a spot we had passed 4 times running back and forth up the river. We both caught small fish there and I think if we had more time we could have weighed fish. So I hope to fish as a boater this year and have more control, if not if they do not change to the new format I will fish it anyway. I don't mind fishing from the back of the boat but fair is fair and I don't want to have to count on or base my performance on somebody else's luck or skills?

I don't see them changing the opens to the new format. The other trails you are fishing to learn and for a check. The nonboater in the opens is to qualify for the boater side of the trail. It wouldn't make sense to have that be almost totally dependant on the draw and take a lot less skill on the anglers part. If a boater puts you on fish and he wears them out and you can't catch them, you probably don't deserve a check, but you definitely don't deserve to advance to the next level of fishing.

Latest posts

Back