Bass Pro Shop question

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew Zuber

Reaction score
Hey Folks!

My son (with help from the wife) bought me a Shimano Spirex 4000 reel for Christmas...I used in Kentucky a couple weeks ago and loved it...until it crapped out on me, that is...first Spirex (out of 5) that has died...it must have lost a bearing because it started "grinding", then basically locked up...I played around with it a bit and got it to turn again, but now there is NO anti-reverse at all...

I'd like to return it for an exchange, but the wife did not save the shipping paperwork from Bass Pro...

Am I stuck???

az

Probably not.

First off, can you take it back to a local store? If so, just try that. If not . . .

Did she order it from BassPro, and receive it via mail? I'm assuming so. Call them up and ask them to send you the available paperwork. Indicate that you are having a billing dispute with your credit card company. They will be able to look up the purchase, and should be able to send you the documentation (duplicates). Then process it for a return.

Tex

And just as a note, I started saving ALL of my BPS receipts in one envelope. It's got about 3 years worth in it now. If I have something break, I find the receipt (or one with that same thing on it), and use it to get a return/refund.

Tex

I had several Sahara's do that... just call Shimano and they will (most likely) service it under warrenty...should take less time than disputing/mailing back and forth with BPS...

I agree call Shimano. They will do what it takes to make it right.

Mini

It's your choice. Either way will get you right. If your purchase was via internet or catalog, you should still be active in the system showing your purchase history/shipping info. Consider also that Shimano is notably the best I've seen regarding warranty items. You can send it back to catalog/internet or send it out to Shimano in Irvine, CA. (www.shimano.com. Click on North America for details) You'll get rectified either way to your satisfaction. Call 1-800-227-7776 (1-800-Bass-Pro) or 1-877-577-0600 (Shimano) Customer Service to get the ball rolling ASAP. You should expect about a two week turn around either way. If no records can be found, the manufacturer is definitely the best choice. All their reels are date coded upon creation and that will narrow down a purchase time frame. Let me know if I can help.

Andy,

I had the same problem with a SPIREX 1000. I finally sent it back to Shimano. The deal was $12 plus parts. They sent me a new reel for $12. They said it wasn't worth the time to repair it.

I'm happy.

Jan

Andy,

Just a note on what I have done: I would go to a local store purchase another reel exactly like the one you have then return the bad one you have got. The store should take it back and you should get your cas/check/credit card refund or some in store credit.

T.S.

I'd try the store first if you have one nearby. I haul stuff back all the time without a reciept and as long as I exchange for the same thing they don't even want to hear my story. BPS is great for exchanges. When my new Garmin died they sent me a brand new one and trusted me to send back the dead one.

Harpo

Andy, buy a new one, keep the receipt, stick the broken one in the box and return it.

Or just come on over to our side and we'll go to BPS and get you taken care of. Then we'll hit St. Clair and break in the new properly.

I'm with Marke on this one. Come on over for a quick visit and some toads on Clair!!! I just might have a few connections at BPS who can "get er done".

Craig

I think they can also track your purchases through your rewards card too. But still come over here for a visit!

K

Latest posts

Back