BASS Northern Open #3 (Lake Erie)

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roy Cody

Reaction score
I had a chance to be in Sandusky, OH to watch the final day weighin for the final Northern Open held out of Sanducky Bay, on Lake Erie. A lot of nice smallmouths were caught, but a lot of guys didn't do too well either.

The tournamnet was won by Jonathan Vandam. This is KVD's nephew, with almost 45 lbs for the two day tournament. (Day 2 was cancelled due to rough water, 25-30 MPH winds out of the North = 8 - 10 footers).

I had a great time getting to watch the weigh in and see some of the fishing Pros that I've only seen on TV before.:)

RoyC

Hi Carlos

There were 104 boats and a lot of them made the run over to the Canadian side. We had 10-20 MPH North winds on Day 1. The folks that made the run had a rough ride out of Sandusky, but found calmer water off the Canadian shore.

Day 2 was calcelled due to weather (15-25 winds = 8-11 foot waves).

On Day 3, the winds had shifted around from the South. The lake was pretty smooth until they got out a few miles. Some of the Pros talked about 6-8 footers over on the Canadian side with very dirty water (caused by the previous days winds).

There were some nice smallmouths weighed in, a lot of 5 - 6 lb'ers. Big Bass was caught on Saturday, 7 lb, 1 oz.

There may have been about 50-60 people at the weigh-in on Saturday, even though it rained on and off most of the afternoon.

RoyC

Aaah I was in that tournament but had to cancel out ... big move to London. Won't be able to go fishing for a while.

Tkx for the report

Back