Bass boat falls off trailer on interstate...

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob G.

Reaction score
This article was in the Burlington Free Press on 8/19/02. There was a Mass bass tourney this past weekend and this guy may have been up here for that. I didn't use his full name. Here is the article as written in the newspaper:

A 19-foot bass boat separated from its trailer on Interstate 89 in Winooski, tying up traffic for about half an hour Sunday.

The accident occurred at about 3 p.m. on I-89 near Exit 15. According to Vermont State Police, James Txxxxxx, 48, of Massachusetts was driving south in a 1999 Chevy van when he felt the trailer begin to fishtail several times. The boat slid forward on the trailer and it disconnected from the van.

The boat and trailer became separated. The trailer came to rest in the median and the boat went over the guardrails, state police said. Txxxxxx was unhurt, but the bass boat was totaled.

Southbound interstate traffic was reduced to one lane for about half an hour while the bass boat was removed.

Bob G.

And people wonder why I triple check things before leaving the ramp!

Glad he is ok, but that scenario is one of my biggest "fears" when towing the boat...

The horror! Poor boat, poor guy! Hope he was insured!

And people wonder why I triple check things before leaving the ramp!

Glad he is ok, but that scenario is one of my biggest "fears" when towing the boat...

This is why I have an inherent distrust of boat trailers......well trailers in general, but that 30 grand boat sitting on it makes me even more spooky..............sa

See there Mac...you can't tow me to the Rally...let me ride in the truck this time, pleasepleaseplease???

If he does, I'm gonna bring a puppy with me and sick PETA on his arse!!!

Well Curtis... "the film at eleven" will have to be on cable...rated "R"

Try explaing the cloud of "black flies" that prevented rescuers from reaching the boat to save the puppy!

Mac - I think we've got a new job for Neeley, Safety Connector. Don't put him in the boat, attach him with Duct Take to the trailer tongue and hitch as a back up. Worse case if the hitch/ball and chains fail you've got a Neeley holding the boat to the truck. Heck with all that Slim-Jim welding fuel he carries he may just be able to weld it back together!

Heck I'll strap him to the back of my Opti and run a hose directly to the injectors,....it'd be better than Nitrous!!

After all Neeley,..the only difference between Nitrous and Nitros,...is "U"...LOL

Mac

"Hold on puppy dog,....we're goin' fffrwaarrpp speed!!"