Back to the subject!!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brantley moats

Reaction score
There must be a lot of you guys out there who dont fish during the winter judging from the amount of off- topic posts coming in now!

How about something about boats or fishing!

bp

Ok fishing topics!!!! what the hell is the PAA? I watched a program on the Sportsman channel and seen the results of some tournaments. Does this trump B.A.S.S.

Is it just just a rumor that Carlos and his Virginia buddies are starting a Snakehead Anglers Society? (S.A.S):lol:

Its a group of anglers from FLW and BASS that came togeather to kinda represent the anglers to the organizations. Now they have tournaments that off set the events on tour.Im sure others here can expain it better.

I seen that PAA tourny...looked interesting.

Anybody get a gander at the new BPS catalog? Looks like a bad year for me spending!:lol:

Ha fatrap! You know, I have YET to catch one of the dang things..even spent some quality time looking for them last year. Overall, I guess that is not a bad thing..hope this cold kills the pigs off.

PAA seems to like the Phoenix boats....any opinions on them? Local jack legs have a 721 in house I want to go look at..just to see.

I am going to go to the hot side courtsey of Bill in VA Saturday. OUT of the house finally!

At least the down time allowed me to replace my impeller, the wear plate, o rings, and retainer assembly on the Yammie. In addition to that I replaced the front plastic trim/cover piece and tightened my trolling motor bolts. I was lazy and did not tighten the TM bolts last year....they were loose! I also took the chance to "clean" up the front trim plastic piece with less holes and set it how I like it, much more neat now and to my liking. Today I plan on replacing the lower unit oil and the drain plug gaskets. If I really get the gumption up I have to replace the fuel strainers on the fuel pump as well. I have all the O rings and strainers, but not looking forward to doing this one..some major disassembly to be done to get to them. Plus it is my first time replacing them.

I also have to change the oil on the truck today, it hit 10k yesterday and pick up my wife from work at 1300. looks like a full day to me!!!

Howz that Brantley? Some boating stuff anyway

PAA...Professional Anglers Association. Look at the jersey's for the Elites and a lot of them will have the emblem. Google them and go to their website. They run some members only T's. Kinda like the players association in the NFL.

Now for fishing.....none for me. Big Dan keeps snubbing me:p:p and it is too cold here in Florida. Supposed to get up to the 70's this weekend and the family leaves 0500 Saturday morning so I might just get out.

TOXIC

I've been too busy fishing, so I'm not much help on this one. Sorry! ;):lol::D

P.A.A. is the Professional Anglers Association. (Not to be confused with the long standing B.A.S.S. Association of B.A.S.S. Professionals.) It was organized as a voice for the professionals in the sport to garner influence into tourney formats, venues, timelines...etc. They have produced a series of their own tourneys and are making headways with some logistical input into the major, established trails.

Carlos, Emily Shaffer just got her new Phoenix boat. I looked it over from head to toe and man that is one nice boat! I have heard alot of good things about them.

Her boat has a built in iPod slot and her stereo is controlled thru the dial on her Lowrance HDS unit. It is so awesome!

Like Carlos I'll be taking advantage of Bill's hospitality and fishing the hot side of Anna on Friday to ring in the new year. Haven't been on the water since a few days before Thanksgiving so it will be a welcome treat.

Steve

Pheonix boats have lots of unique features... Great quality. I just wish they (or Basscat) would consider a walleye/multispecie hull.

Latest posts

Back