Article

• Thread starter Scott Hammer TOXIC [URL]http://www.insideline.net
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Hammer TOXIC

Reaction score
Just put another article up on Yamamoto's website. It's a good general read. I have about 3 more in the hopper waiting for them to publish, the editor has to go through them and edit out the questionable content:eek::lol:

It really was an eye-opening experience hosting an Elite Series angler. Some of the surprise was that they are not a whole lot different than the weekend warrior. They have just taken the time to hone their skills to a higher level. There was a lot of info that I decided not to put in the article for fear of getting criticized. I did learn a lot and also got some new techniques for my own use. Let me tell you this, the life of a full time Elite Series angler who is not one of the "Superstars" is a grind and a strain on family.

TOXIC
http://www.insideline.net/index.php/tournament-fishing/757-bassin-boot-camp-with-yusuke

Yep, I know a few and they are tired pups all the time. They are constantly on the go.

Randy!

Nice job and that fits LaMoist when he is fishing in tournament mode...lol I actually saw him sleep once... I woke up to visit the head and discovered that he did eventually sleep. Not much on coffee but one of those energy drinks was open almost all the time.

Cool experience for you. An old man like me had to give that tournament stuff up or I was going to die standing up in my boat. But, my busiest year was never like that... That is a real professional.

Yuskue won the equivalent of the Bassmasters Classic in Japan, the sport is huge over there and you would be amazed at how much product Yamamoto ships over every month. He lived with Gary in TX for a while and now rents a place on Rojas' ranch in TX. They use a lot of different plastic than we do in Japan and I have tried to get some but even when I went to the factory, it was a no-no. Not that I don't have enough to choose from now. I am seriously toying with going all-in once I retire and fish a major trail full time. I have a plan and all it takes is time and $$!! Gives me an idea on the physical and mental demands it takes. I will tell you there will be no sleeping in the truck!! Guiding for 30 days straight is just unbelievable if you stop and think about it. I've done 4 days and it just tears you up.

TOXIC

Tox.

Before you jump into that "major trail" thing...remember this; if you want to end your tournament career with a million dollars in the bank...all you need to do is start your carer with two million!

No kidding!!..Screw that idea Tox!! You fish now 'cuz you love to....keep it that way!!

If you go out on a trail for a year you'll come back broke, burned out and a physical wreck! Spend your retirement traveling with the family,..fishing where and when you want,...for as long as you want..and only when the fish are biting!! Not when the trail says you have to be there!! LOL.

That's a young man's game with family money behind them......it's not a retired dude's game with his 401 behind him!! :lol:

Bring Deanna and Lauren up to MI. for a month....hit Clair for a week,..Sag. Bay for a week...Grand Traverse Bay for a week,...and then spend a week at my place re-spoolin', refillin' J&C's,...and going back to the grill for 2nds!! Even the cat will dig that!:D

I know the trail is a grind especially if you have not fished the area before but I do have a plan. For 2 years, I am going to fish the trail waters just for fun and on my own. I will "Shadow" the dates of the trail I want to fish as well without acctually entering the tournament. Then after I get the experience without the fees, I'll throw my $$ in the hat with everyone else!! I've got one more used boat to buy, then when I decide which trail I want to fish, I but a new factory boat under the best rewards program and sponsor status. Let's face it, the trail itself isn't that bad but if you are in the tournament the pre-fish/tournament can be brutal depending on weather. I think it would be fun as well. And yeah, I've heard that saying before but a little different......

"You know how to earn a small fortune being a fishing guide?" "Start with a large fortune"!!:lol::lol:

TOXIC