Anyone interested in a FULL spinnerbait build-along?

• Thread starter Glenn DesOrmeaux
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TritonGlenn

Reaction score
I recently had a whole bunch of fun building spinnerbaits. I hadn't built some from scratch since I closed business many years ago, as I had already poured (literally) hundreds of baits for myself.

Well... I'm starting to experiment again, so the lead pot, molds, wire, beads, blades, skirt material, clevis', etc... all came out of retirement and back onto the work bench.

MAN! I missed this! I love making baits.

But... since I was going to do it anyway, I figured I'd document each step of the way. I took pictures of everything from beginning to end.

Now, I'm not talking taking a pre-made body and parts and putting them together. I'm talking about taking a mold, and a straight piece of wire and hook - putting them all together, pouring the lead, powder painting the head, bending the R bend in the wire, putting the components on the arm, bending and finishing, taking a skirt collar and skirt material tabs and building the skirt, etc...

Nothing in this documented build-along is pre-made. Everything is from scratch.

So... any interest in a picture heavy build along? No big deal if there isn't any interest. I just thought some people might enjoy seeing one from start to finish. I didn't want to clog up the site if nobody wants to see it.

By the way - is that ok? To post tons of pictures on the site (links from Photoshop)?

All the best,

Glenn

Ha! Teri... You should! Some of the lures I built are being shipped to you tomorrow! By the way... Are you still at the same address? You never answered my email.

All the best,

Glenn

yes Id like to see. Spinnerbaits are my favorite

Email answered! Glad you enjoyed talking to Curt. I had a feeling he would hook you up. :)

I'll start a write-up to go with the pictures. Son has cub scouts tonight, so I'll probably add it tomorrow.

All the best,

Glenn

Looking forward to it Glenn! I build my own on a small scale for personal use. It was the only way to get the attributes from several productive ones used, all in the same bait. Good luck! ;)

Yes! I would also be very interested. A spinnerbait is my favorite lure.

RoyC:)

Please. I have thought about making some of my own stuff also, maybe this will get me started.

No subscription needed. I'll list all supplies and sizes, colors, etc.... I'll also list some supply places I deal with.

All the best,

Glenn

Cool. This might be fun to do with Andrew (12 yr old son).

Glenn I would love to see it. I make most of my own spinnerbaits and some top water plugs. In fact I caught my largest bass ever on one of mine in Florida. 8.65lbs!!!!

Shoot some pics and light up the library! I can most likely learn some tricks!

Randy!

OK everyone - it's posted. A full spinnerbait build-along. If you have any questions, need clarification on anything, or simply want a different picture angle, let me know and I'll be happy to accommodate. I hope my presentation is clear and easy to follow.

All the best,

Glenn

Latest posts

Back