Another question about oil

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eric nichols

Reaction score
A buddy of mine sold his boat and he gave me two unopened gallons of Quicksilver synthetic blend DFI oil. I have a 2000 xr6, which is not feul injected. Some say if I run my oil tank as empty as possible, without going completely dry, I can use it.......true or false? I would hate to let $80 worth of oil just lay around.

Thanks,

Eric

ill take it , it would work just right with pro xs , lol . not sure on your motor, what moter do you have

I would not run the DFI oil in your XR6. Merc recommends the "Premium plus" oil in your motor. Its not worth hurting your motor, i would find someone with an optimax and give it to them.

The label reads Synthetic Blend Performance DFI Oil....but if I can't use it, I will make someones day at the ramp tomorrow. And before a certain person on this forum, none of which responded already, questions why I didn't just read the label on the back....I would have if they hadn't been peeled off and sent in with bar code for a rebate when purchased. Thanks guys.

Eric

Opti/DFI oil is a syn blend product and is NOT rated for TC-W3 use; I would not use it in a non DFI motor.

Eric,...I'm totally into being "generous",...I do it all the time with lots of stuff....but to just GIVE someone (who you may not even know) 2 gal's of DFI oil is GENEROUS. You should atleast try and sell them to that person for enough to buy yourself a gal of TCW-3 for your own use....If I had a DFI and had a chance to get 2 for 1 on a gal...I'd be all over it!!! Pick your time and place to be generous,...but NOT with outboard oil!! LOL!!! That stuff is black GOLD!! (Well...purple gold anyway w/DFI!!) :wub:

Lol, Mac, I know it is a crazy thing to do, so I took a shot in the dark at a local marine supply store I frequent. I took them in and told the guy, honestly, how I got them. He said he had no problem trading me even for two gallons of TCW3....win for both of us.

Eric

Beautiful!!! See,....now you're UP Two gal's.....instead of OUT two gal's!!

Love it!!..:wub:

Latest posts

Back