Anna on the 28th

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenneth Brown

Reaction score
OK Guys it's time to start, I'm on Anna the 28th unless it's hard. ALL DAY Any takers?????? Rain or shine. KB

Is it Cicada season yet?? I remember them from 17 years ago. I can't wait to see what they are like on Anna.

My status that weekend is unknown. hot or cold?

david.....

I assume cold because KB is getting ready for his tx trail. We better get some warm days between now and then. So far it's been very coooold. But I think he wants to prospect the lake. I also understand that this is going to be a big year for the 17 year cicadas...get them buzzbaits out!!

TOXIC

Hi Guys! 28th is good for me. Let me know where you want to launch from. You are more than welcome to launch from my place on the cold side. Will be down on Friday afternoon so early Saturday is good to go. Maybe Tox will show us some of his honey-holes (LOL).

Let's see if CIII can make the trip as well. Weather is forecasted to be in the upper 40s lower 50s but that could change.

See ya next week!

Bill

Hey Toxic - Meant to tell you that you can ride with me (or KB) if you don't have your boat back. Prospecting sounds good to me so we can cover the lake. Still early in the season so I think most will be down lake until we get a little warmer weather. Any thoughts?

Well, you saw the post where I was out there last weekend and Sturgeon was iced up...man, that's cold!! 208 bridge cleared in the afternoon but Christopher Run and the 522 bridge were still hard. Downlake would be best for catching, I noticed about a 6 degree temp rise from Sturgeon down lake. There are some deeper coves and creeks that might turn on and there is always dike 3. Rip rap at all of the dikes and the dam might produce. I got a tip on how to fish the hot side canals to clean up....can't wait to try it one of these days!! KB's gonna have his tx partner with him and CIII has yet to chime in.

We'll see...My boat is completely empty right now, I could probably get 68-72 outta her considering how much gear I took out!!LOL

TOXIC

Good Deal, I'm gonna go load my rig back up tomorrow. KB just informed me that JR Goodman from the BPS in Hampton is going to pull a brand spankin new 911 up and run with us for a day. He is the Marine Manager there and one of my many bosses!!LOL Everybody bring a camera because there is going to be 5...., count em', 5... big glass NITROS runnin together!! David, you are welcome also (if you can take the heat!!LOL!!)There also may be room in one of the boats. Let's do some kind of BBQ or sanwiches or sumthin at the Marina afterwards. I am pretty sure I can get everybody launched for free at Sturgeon Creek but it may be worthwhile for CIII and Bill to come over from Bill's community launch, it doesn't matter though, I think I can get everybody on. We will do a little tour and can drop in a few lines also. For those who want to serious fish then you won't have any reason to leave down lake, I may lead KB and JR on a little trip up lake to explore.

Wooohoooo mini rally!! Gotta love it!! We keep this up and we can be our own club!!LOL

TOXIC

This is freaking cool!!!!!! I will be sure to bring the camera again!!!!!

WOW and a new 911 too. I want to look at that boat!!!! I need to get out and clean up my boat now!!!!

BBQ sounds cool to me!!! If you do not mind Tox, and the ice permitting, I will follow you up lake for the look see. Looks like I need to tank up too. Dorn will be with me again, and maybe John, if he can get off of work.

Carlos <----- it is 55 degrees here now and a good time to go out and clean out the boat!!!!!!

Sounds good. If we can't get in at Sturgeon you are all welcome to come to my area. We can meet you up a Sturgeon. David, you are more than welcome to come and meet me and fish from glass. LOL. Suggest we meet up at Sturgeon around 0730????? Hey - don't leave us while you explore. I want some of that info too. Don't fish a whole lot up lake so anything you can show us would be appreciated. Weather is till holding and looks like the mid-50s. Good stuff. Lake is beautiful today and already 58 degrees outside. A little windy. Looking forward to finding out how to fish the canals if you are willing to share ha ha!

We are going to NC tomorrow to finish up some of my wife's uncles estate. Good barbeque from Ralph's in Roanoke Rapids so if you want I can bring a few pounds of it back for the bunch of us. Can bring the Coleman stove so we can heat it up. Let's talk some more this week about the goodies for afterwards. I'll be back Monday night and will check in on what's going on.

Not a bad idea on our own little mini-club. We can show all these other clubs how it's done. LOL

I'm in. I will have to ride with someone if you are going to be doing high speed runs as my poor little 50hp on a tin boat can't keep up with you big boys. Can I mooch 2 seats if my fishing buddy comes along??

Toxic - email me some numbers for how to reach you.

I will be happy to be the official cameraman....provided I'm not too shakey after a ride in the Hammertime boat:)

What time?

david.....

Hey, I don't want the cameraman in MY boat....I wanna be IN the pictures!!LOL We will work it out. I've got a neighbor that has been bugging me to go out so I'll talk to him today. If he doesn't go I will have an open seat. Sounds like Bill will also. Just got off of the phone with the marina and he will make sure we get the covered grill area (nice). Will need charcoal and lighter. We will iron out the details as the week moves on. Gotta go load my boat.......

TOXIC

@#$% uncooperative computer!

Tox, If I'm on the boat with you, most of the pictures will be of you. It's that simple. I'll probably even shoot a movie clip of two of you kissing a fish!

david....

Well, my neighbor has said that he wants to come so Bill and David you two should get together. If my neighbor backs out I will be sure to let you know. He is a hypocondriac so anything is possible!!LOL We need to figure out the food situation....KB, Goodman is a guest nothing but appearance is required from him...Let's show him a good time. Like I said before, Sturgeon Creek promised me the best BBQ area....I could bring my smoker and start something before we go out also. Grilling might be easier.

Weather Saturday:

High:60

I'm still in - which is amazing for me.

If my fishing buddy comes, I will bring my tin rig, otherwise I would love to get a ride from one of you'all. Dogs and burgers sounds just about right after a morning of fishing.

At what God-awful hour do we want to get together?

david....

HAHAHAHAHA...David you already know us toooo well!!LOL If I say 6 o'clock Carlos and KB will be there at 5:30...Key is I don't think we want to get out before sunup...there will be no topwater bite and it will just be cold. KB and JR have the furthest to come, I would say I'll be there at 7am just to stake out the picnic area and maybe throw up some banners or something. I don't think anything before 7:30-8:00 is necessary....

TOXIC

Tox, There is a good shot i may not have a boat!!! Mechanic said my onboard computer may have a dead short. Merc is sending one out will arrive Wed. or Thur. May pick it up Fri I hope.... more later, Lets do burgers and chips and keep it simple!!!! Well maybe some baked beans or something!!! KB

Sorry - no beans or tighty whiteys for you know who:)

can't wait to meet you all.

david....

KB - You can fish with me again if you don't get your boat back. More than willing to help you prospect. Don't have to fish all day but look for locations. You got us together for this mini-rally so let me know how I can help. David, if you need the ride we can triple up as long as it is OK with KB and you.

KISS with respect to food is a good idea. Let's just figure out who is bringing what. I've got the weekend free and will be at the lake by myself.

Bill

Thanks Bill, I'll know more later in the week! I'm just looking right now. Gonna start in the Dukes Creek area and start throwing jerks around!! (not you Tox) Talk more later..... KB

Man, this is way too cool!!!! I can bring whatever. I may have an extra spot in the boat, as John may not be able to show. Dorn is going to be here though.

I can bring, chips, dip, soda? Sound cool????

I will be there at Sturgeon Creek at 0715. That will put me leaving the house about 0630 or so.

Carlos

I have to pull the boat out of the water, then drag my sorry A$$ over there at 7:15 - Carlos, what are you thinking? I'll be there by 8 latest. What can I bring? Dogs and buns ok?

david.....

Money Boat!!!!!! I think you mean loose change!!!!!!LOL

Gotta go to Price Club this week so I will pick up a package of their Sirloin Burgers and have them thawed for Saturday since I will down the lake on Friday morning. Got some piece parts that I need to put on the boat like the bow roller and finish the Skeggard. Also need to fill with go-juice which runs about $80.00 for a fill (bummer).

KB - If you don't get the boat we can go anywhere you like. We probably don't want to follow Toxic 'cause he won't show you any of his honey-holes. Those are for the paying customers. LOL

Did Toxic get us those free launch passes at Sturgeon??

I've got no honey holes....Well, I do but it is an open book with me. I have found that you can take a fisherman to the fish but getting bit is another thing. Many a time I have pulled up on a spot and started catching fish and that client can't get bit throwing the same exact thing. That convinced me to never hold back on spots because just like the song Carly Simon wrote about me....."Nobody does it Better".......hahahahahaha...and it's called the money boat for a reason!! I can get your sorry butts on the lake for free.LOL

TOXIC

Free is good! Just don't tell me we have to mention your name. They would probably charge us double. Weather is looking great so a good time can be had by all.

In lieu of the burgers I think that I will bring the baked beans. Good recipe from the wife and a bit spicy to boot. Sounds like we may have 6 boats and 12-13 people. Should be a good one. See you all at the launch ramp.

Two people

One boat

Hot Dogs and Buns

Which name do we tell the marina? Toxic or Hammertime?

The only Ranger we allow is a small Ford pickup truck. LOL If Tox eats my baked beans we need to make sure he fishes down lake from us.

We don't want't no stinkin Game Warden there!! Or did you mean the Lone Ranger? Or maybe an ARMY Ranger (CIII might have a problem with that)? Texas Ranger? Forest Ranger?

TOXIC

No kidding on our own circuit!!! Sounds fun!!!!! Plus, I learn something everytime we go out!!!!!

Rangers are cool, as long as they are not Ranger Boats HAHAHAHAAH Nitro ya know HAHAAH JR :)

David, Must be nice to sleep in HAHAHAHAHAAHAH

Carlos

That is sleeping in for me. Normally get up at 4:30 everyday for work. I'lll be driving down Friday night late with my utility trailer, then swap my boat trailer with it, then find all the stuff I never keep in the boat anymore because the boat is always in the sling.

Heck, I'' probably be splitting and loading a cord of lumber after we fish.

What to call our circuit?....hmmmmmm....

david......

UPDATE, Don't know about the boat yet!! But i'm flying solo. Finding a GOOD partner is harder than finding a good wife. JR you listening!! See ya'll on Sat...... KB ps. we ain't startin' no stinkin' bass club, i got enough stuff to do now!!!!!

I figured it would be a "come if you can, ok if you don't" type of club. I sure don't want to have to feel like I have to go.

david......

I am bringing the chips, dip and the soda. Sue went to the commisary today and picked it up.

Carlos

Hey Guys I'll buy the burgers!! How many and do you mind the good pre-fabbed sirloin burgers in a box?? I have never had Bubba Burgers!! My wife was telling me about them! Are they any good? KB

I can eat any burger!!!!! Nothing can be as bad as chow hall burgers HAHAHAHAHAHAAHA

Carlos

Hi Guys! I'm in for the baked beans. I'll also bring paper plates and some plasticware (knifes/spoons/forks) as well as a roll of paper towels and salt and pepper and other condiments (mustard / ketchup / relish). We ARE a messy bunch.

Pre-fab is good for me KB. See ya Saturday morning!!!!

Hey...you didn't leave anything for me....?? Maybe I'll line up some kind of desert...brownies (not spiked), cookies, or something...I hesitate to ask this but ....is anybody bringing the buns?

TOXIC

I've got the buns...... for the hot dogs that is. I'll bring some wierd colored kool-aid pacs for the boats. Good to stain the carpet with. Maybe I'll even bring a fishing pole or two.

david.....

Ok Tox, I was going to let you have it, but I am going to pass this one up HAHAHAHQHAHA

KB - I already said I'm bring the hot dogs and the buns and a boat (TIN at that) :) I'm ready to freeze my A$$se off.

david....

My apologies David,Whats the TIN boat for. Was wondering if you heated up the DOGS in it! HAHAHA You sound kinda touchy LOL

Of course David, A TIN boat may be a nice thing!! Yours ain't in the SHOP!!!!!

HA - I haven't run it in a month or two. It should start up..... Quickly. I can't wait.

david....

KB,

You are pretty close there, any boat not in the shop is a good boat HAHAHAHAHAH

See ya in teh AM. Have to gas up WindPig tomorrow afternoon and get her all hooked up!!!!

I am set. I will bring the burger buns and a dessert. KB you bring the beef!! I'll also try to line up some Briquets unless someone has some.........?

TOXIC

Yeah!! I'll never turn down pastries!! I've got the boat loaded and packed up so you know what that means.....I won't get much sleep tonight. LOL!! I might as well drive down and sleep in the truck!!haha I don't know why I get this way but it happens EVERYTIME I go fishing...always has.

TOXIC

It's the same as catching a big fish, still gets me shaking, not as much as in the past, but it still gets me! I hope it always does!! It's you and me tomorrow. Please PURGE yourself tonight. Somethings just don't need to be shared

Bwhaaaaaa......Let's see, I think I'll have some beans and weenies tonight along with some smoked oysters tomorrow just to keep in top shape. Maybe some cooked cabbage!!

TOXIC

Thats ok!! Just go to bed early!! You may need your strength for tomorrow! If their on, we can wear a net man down!!!!! HAHA see ya in the am, about 7:15.... Meeting JR at 6:00

Latest posts

Back