And Now for some Ford vs. Everybody else...LOL

• Thread starter Greg Meyer [URL]http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Meyer

Reaction score
Well you "other car company" guys should look and be jealous (Except for the Viper Crowd with 600hp for $40,000 more!) with 540 hp the new Ford Shelby GT500 is one sweet ride....

[/img]
Shelby 500.jpg

Or, the view you "Chebby" Guys will get used to seeing....

gt500II.jpg

LOL!!!!
http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/r...cumentid=1082203&icid=autos_0809020&GT1=22011

as a ford fan all i can say is a 400 hp corvette will most likely still smoke it in a race.

mike c

Nice try,...but you're not quite there yet,...wake up and buy a REAL car!! These eat Cobra's for lunch!!;):lol:

2009-corvette-zr1-official.jpg

Good points, but I think the 'Vette goes for quite a bit more! How will the Shelby compare when GM gets the updated Chevy Camaro in an SS version?? Man, I miss my '94 Camaro!

Greg I hate to tell you but my Pontiac G 8 One of 888 made was dynoed at 415 HP 409 rear in first will still give It all It wants In an 8TH mile..I beat the Charger , GTO, Vette 400+++ It's really fast and when the warranty runs out I will map the computor to WHO KNOWS...I have a fast 4 door...If that Isn't fast enough I have a little ole 69 GTX Hemi that will do a little bit of Shakin and Bakin for Ya...R U Ready... HA HA JR:eek:

and a buddy of mine only has these...

http://www.qualityautobodyshop.com/cuda.htm

one of my best friends has a callway corvette that runs 10 second 1/4 all night long, bought it for 30 k with 3 k on the clock. may not be stock but it is fast fast fast.

mike c

i have a twin turbo extreme with 45lbs of boost in the garage that eats mustangs and vettes with out breaking a sweat.

Watch Pinks all out,,The black camero that hits the other car In the advertizement belongs to my friend..HA It was fast at one time...He really builds some engins...It was at Indy dragway....Pretty cool shawn didn't get hurt...

JR - my man! I owned a 69 GTX 440 :wub: with a 4 speed (no a/c allowed!) for about 18 months. It was one bad mamma jamma while I had it. The only thing that would have been better, is if it would have been a Hemi!

I'd pay good money just to ride in your 'beast', and no telling what I'd pay to actually drive it. :rolleyes:

Tex

JR - I'm just waiting for my wife to give me $$ from our bankacount, I have a good friend here in Atlanta that builds NHRA ProStock Mopar engines, trannys and the works. I'd love to hand him my stock Dodge Magnum R/T 340hp 5.7liter V8 and see what he can do! I'd LOVE a 6speed manual, bore/stroke it, and get around 500hp!

JR - I'm just waiting for my wife to give me $$ from our bankacount, I have a good friend here in Atlanta that builds NHRA ProStock Mopar engines, trannys and the works. I'd love to hand him my stock Dodge Magnum R/T 340hp 5.7liter V8 and see what he can do! I'd LOVE a 6speed manual, bore/stroke it, and get around 500hp!

That would guarantee you'd be first to arrive at the synagogue on Yom Kippur! :)

The Vette may win the race, but the 'Stang has to be gentler on the kidneys. I drove with a buddy from St. Louis to Van Nuys in his new Vette in '87 and thought I'd need a kidney transplant for the ride home! :lol: Not knocking the Corvette. It's a race car, not a town car and it'll prepare you for the Miracle Mile on St. Clair or the St. Lawrence at Clayton lighthouse. :wacko: Dang, just thinking about this makes me have to go weewee! :lol::eek::D

Dan...there's a HUUUGE diff is suspensions on the 'vettes now........my brother's Z06 is awesome.....ride's like a luxury car!! I remember the old one's too....you felt every little bump....not anymore!! They are SWEEEET,..and faster than greased lightnin!!

TT my son In law has been paying payments on the GTX for a while,,I told them they could have It. Pale yellow almost pale Cream color,Bench seat..It Is a screamer,I got It for a song and my buddy that builds motors went through It didn't need anything was really clean....Had to fix It to use unleaded high octane ....sunoco 94 not pratical,but kids will be kids...Heck I wish I hadn't gotten this Pontiac I only average 15 mpg with It....I tried to trade for a 2010 Mustang GT Conv...Couldn't take the loss...Stuck for awhile...Such a low serial number I kind of let It set alot hoping In the future It will gain value..

Mac - Yeah, they must be better on the long run now. You do see more on the highway than you used to. I haven't gone any long distances in one since then, just a quick run here and there in Duke's. (Gambler) He's one of those guys that rotates a new one each year. He'd tell you he's a fanatic. They are beautiful and fast, like an electric motor accelerating. I've been "pressed into the passenger seat!" :lol:

yeah.....there's a suspension switch on his console for "cruising" and "sport"......the cruising setting softens it...makes for a niiice ride on good paved roads.....the "sport" setting tightens it up and it's like riding in a F-18 thru the grand canyon ala Will Smith in "Independance Day" :p We always go for a ride in PA when I'm there,...up in the mountain roads...man..it's like riding on a rail!! LOVE that car!!

Don't matter which way you cut it, a Vette, is still a Vette!

We were in Eureka Springs last October. Happened to be the 'Vette' weekend up there - 1,800+. Only disappointment was that not many of the old vette's were there. Mostly newer ones.

I told everyone in the restaurant that I was driving the 'red' one (only had to be 12-14 red ones in the lot).

Most popular colors that weekend: Red and black by far.

Tex

late 70s through about 91 vettes were nearly junk.

I had a brown 1978 Vette for a few years. It was slow, cramped and and didn't handle very well. It got decent gas mileage though. Of course it was a CHEVETTE we bought from My wife's mom. ;)

Gene

I had an 82 Vette that didn't drive worth a crap either.....................until you got over 100mph;):p I saw some of the new stangs on my 11 hour drive down here to JAX and they seemed small. Of course the fact that I was in my 3/4 ton chebby didn't help. I also saw some of the Cameros and they had a wider stance and just looked meaner.

TOXIC

Mine might have been able to hit 100 MPH, going downhill with a 60 MPH tail wind!

I like the look of the Camero's. The Chargers(?) are cool too.

Gene

Latest posts

Back