Advice for tough economic times

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Hofman

Reaction score
Food for thought....

If you had bought $1000.00 worth of Nortel stock one year ago, it would now be worth about $49.00.

With Enron, you would have $16.50 of the original $1,000.00.

With WorldCom, you would have less than $5.00 left.

But...If you had bought $1,000.00 worth of Budweiser (the beer, not the stock) one year ago, drank all the beer, and taken the cans to a recycling center that buys used aluminum, you would have $214.00.

Based on the above, my current investment advice is to drink heavily and recycle.

MO - I've seen that logic and concept going around the net for a while, and still love the idea!!!

I did a similar thing with my first boat, 12ft semi V aluminium. Bought it for $50 and rigger her up for bay fishing, fished for 2 years till she developed a HUGE crack down the front. Sold her for $97 to a scrap aluminium yard! Best $47 I ever earned!!

Unfortunately, I have several stocks that fall into that category!! I love the theory though. I think I will start right after work tonight.

Jay

Ahh, its good to see that you're diversified. International companies are part of a good, balanced mix.