Access to other website ?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry Harp

Reaction score
I need a nerd. ;>)

I can log on to every website I frequent except two, Red River Tackle and Bass Zone. For days I just thought their server was down but last night I mentioned it to BJ and he said he can get them with no problem. I have tried my favorites link, typing them in the address bar, and linking through Google. What could cause this? Any ideas?

Harpo

Clean out your cashe/cookies. Might have something in there that is causing the problem. Tools/internet options/general/delete cookies-delete files. Wait for some other opinions but that is the first place I would go.

TOXIC

It's a Gremlin Harpo... Though I am somewhat computer savvy, the same thing has happened to me trying to access the Washington Post archives. It just will not load though bith my brother and sister can get it.

I'll watch this thread interestingly.

Bill

My wife is a programer and part of her job is to service an online expense report for the field reps for the company she works for. What has happened to some of them is they have picked up some spyware or adware that has re-written the program to access the expense report. I don't know what she is talking about so I'm probably not repeating the problem correctly but it reminds me of the problem I'm having.

I have deleted all cookies, temporary internet files, run Norton and Ad-aware but still no acess to those two sites. The just time out and I get the site unavailable screen.

Harpo

Try SPYBOT

You can get it at http://security.kolla.de

I update it and run it weekly. The guy writes it for free and if you like it and see fit to: you can donate whatever you feel is appropriate. It's the best IMHO.

p.s.: you will probably be surprised at what it finds on your machine.
http://security.kolla.de

Okay Harpo...

Step one:Start Menu > Run (depending on your operating system either ) CMD or COMMAND then "enter" You are looking for a Black screen that gets you a dos prompt, something like" "C: (XXXX)>

Step Two: after the > type: ipconfig /flushdns then hit enter...

Then try to go to your website...

Try adding the website to your list of sites to accept cookies. Tools> Internet Options> Privacy> Edit> Type in website and click on Allow.

Bob G.

Harpo...

e-mail me if my suggestion doesn't not resolve the issue.. I have some other "tests/diagnostics" to check... It is also possible that your ISP has a bad DNS record... And, have you ever tries or loaded an "Internet Accelerator" program BTW are you on a dialup or high speed?

Harpo - Are you trying from a work pc? I know there was a period of time when my work connection would not let me go to any of my ISP's web pages and they wouldn't receive or sent to my ISP any of my emails. After some loud complaining to the IT folks, lo and behold, the email started flowing and I suddenly had web access again. All during this time I had access to all of my other web pages. So..... if you are at work, that may be the issue also.

david.....

Thanks Greg, that worked. I don't know what it was but whatever it was your cure fixed it. I waited until my wife was home to help me with it in case I messed it up which is certianly possible. Also been dealing with another problem with a Trojan Horse that took an online sesson with Norton to fix.

Thanks again,

Harpo

Latest posts

Back