93 Merc 115hp Two stroke

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chad Jones

Reaction score
I bought 94 Nitro 180Fs with a 93 115hp Two stroke from a guy in Idaho. I live in Utah. I test drove the boat in Idaho on the snake river it ran excellent probably about 43 mph.. I took it out to a lake here and it ran weird it would go at best 15-20 mph. Sounded sluggish. It was windy. I was wondering how I could trouble shoot this problem.

Thanks in advance for any help.

That motor has "concept 2+2", which means it runs on the top two cylinders at rpms below about 1800, and all four at rpms greater than that. Make sure trim is all the way down, advance throttle QUICKLY to wide-open when the conditions are safe to do so, let it climb up on plane and accelerate. If you go at it slow....SOMETIMES the motors will not respond and "kick-in" the other two cylinders. If this happens, a full lynch and synch are in order. Pulse fuel pump, accelerator pump, check valves, filters. Let us know...;)

ok I will try that ! Also what is the max rpm the boat should be ran at. It almost feels like once you get up and a bit over 2k the engine doesnt have as much power and sounds chuggish. Thanks again

Latest posts

Back