911CDC owners

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pierre Voisine

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm looking to move into a new boat. I want some comments on the 911 from those who have used them. Just looking for the good the bad the ugly straight up! Would you buy one again or go to a 929 ? I hear it's a bit sluggish ? Would you consider maxing its power ?

Thanks,

Pierre

911 if it was my choice

98" Beam-widest in the industry

more storage than any other boat

Sitting in the middle is a little different, but you wont find a better boat for rough water. 06's have padded front deck, 332C's at the console, lots of goodies

Also, it comes standard with a CD Player and a place to plug in an IPOD...what more could you want...

as for engine choice the optimax is the best engine Merc has. If you can afford it i'd go with a 225 or 250 Opti Pro XS.

it's cost a bit more than the 929 but worth every penny I love mine my next buy will be a 911

has more room than you will ever need the 98 in beam you and your partner can fish with ease from the front. with sitting in the middle it balances the boat on the center line and you can take on some realy tough water and stay dry and not get beat up. haveing the option to run around the boat from the out side is nice to you can fight fish/ net fish with out the consel's getting in the way. it's not the fastest boat on the water but when the boat trafic picks up you can still run hard where as some other boats have to back off. the 929 is a grate boat as well eather way you can't go wrong in my mind it come down to the cash.

have a 05 with 250 verado, if had to do it again would go with the 250 xs opti, verado sucks a lot of gas and adds weight to the back end. Other than that I love mine:D:D:D:D:D

Another vote for the 911.... Wouldn't trade mine for anything, 'cept a new one.

And, like others have said, you have to get a 250 on it.

Mine, with full tourney load, 2 people, 1/2 tank of gas ->70+ on the GPS. Excellent rough water ride, excellent stability in the wind....

i have to agree with the others, i have the 250 verado like netman, and it is plenty

fast enough for me (72.3 gps) and there is no doubt that with the verado and center console,

it is an attention getter. do not get anything less than 250hp.:D

I dont know about the 911 but I have a 929 with 225 opti and I wish I had a 250 on it

JD

I have a 2001 with the 225 EFI 4 blade 24p I have no complaints I guess it's all in what you want I'm not hung on a hole shot to the moon or 70+ the big thing for me is how well it rides in the rough water and the room to move around I seem to get out of the hole just fine I run around 67-68 GPS but it's wjats most important to you want the hole shot and top end speed then go 250hp. But on the other hand when i go to get a new 911CDC and if i have the money I will upgrage to the 250 over the 225 but I would be happy with eather.

Over all I'm out to fish not race thats what i was trying to say. don't be pissed when you have the 250 and a Gambler passes you and you can't tell me a 911CDC with a 250 will pass a Gambler with a 250.:D

I have a 2001 225 with an 225 Optimax. Livewells full and 2 guys planning over does take a little bit to plane over in the summer.

Latest posts

Back