901 GOT IT YIPEE

• Thread starter Anotherdink Scott Chambers
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anotherdink Scott Chambers

Reaction score
Well it is now in the garage (901 200 efi dual consol) and even though I wavnt got it in the water yet (weather went to crap this weekend) I am stoked. As soon as I can get some film and get the pictures developed and put on cd I'll try to post.

I have to say that BPS in cincy treated me great and the sevice guy was great also when he went over the boat will be writing up a kudo soon on a dealer report card.

he did point one thing out about break in that I was not to premix any oil in the gas for the 200 EFI and the manual says the same. Also it has a 23 pitch trophy on it I questioned it and he said the 24 was for the opti what yall think if anyone has a 200 efi what do you run and how it the hole shot a top end and with what prop?

The only thing is I orderd a single axle trailer do to the fact first it was cheaper and figured since I have to put the boat in the garage kitty corner it would make it easier for me, but the accidently ordered a tandem, but they they made it right by me as they didnt charge me for a tandem and gave it to me for the single axle price, so I accepted it. It is a bit harder to turn by hand but Ill live as it towed so much better than the single axle I had prev. and didnt get any pull when a semi went flying by me I really like that.

Besides that I love that new boat smell in the garage, so much better than the glad plug ins, they need to bottle that smell so I dont get the bug again in a couple of years, just spray and inhale and your rig would look two years newer to ya!!!!

Glass adds class owning tin is a sin.

sorry had to add that especailly since my little bro ownes a Avalanche it rode so nice that I almost changed my mind and it does have deeper storage than mine, just dont want anyone taking the glass tin thangy too personally.

Wow Dink!

Congrats on the boat!

And that new boat smell, oh yeah...... they should make

some kind of air freshener in that aroma, they have "new car smell" air freshener, right?

Anyway, congrats, and can't wait to see pics..... egMike

Dink -

Congratulations! Sweet Ride!!

I've got an older Nitro 2000 (20') with a 200 Merc. The current prop is a 25 High Five, but I've been told that a 24 Trophy would be more suitable - so 23 sounds a bit low to me..... Just watch your rpm's.....

me!

I have a 901 w/200 EFI... 23p Prop... Hole shot is good, Top end is somewhere in the mid-hi 60s. (I have never pushed it to it's absolute limit).

Only thing I will say is that I had to have my dealer lower the engine about an inch from the factory setting to get it right. Make sure that the centerline of the prop is about 3.5 inches from the bottom of the pad.

I also contacted Boger props at one point trying to decide if I needed a different prop, and his comments seeemed to indicate that the 23p was the right one for that setup.

Enjoy the boat, it is one sweet ride!

hey dink, for what it's worth, i have a 901 cdx sc 200 efi running a 25 tempest that has been worked. cup added to blade (helps bow lift) turning 5800 full load running 65-68 with partner, 23 seems to low. flat scoots when i'm by myself. no walking or nuttin' man you are gonna love this boat. congrats! kb5601

Sweet. Congrats on the rig. I know what you mean about the new boat smell. Almost smells as good as a woman with fine perfume.....almost! LOL Ahhh the fresh smell of carpet glue and fiberglass resin!

My 901 w/200 EFI and 25 Tempest w/2 plugs out runs right at 70 at about 5500 RPMs. I have a Rite-Hite 10" Hyd JP. My hole shot isn't very good. I plan to upgrade to a 4 blade Trophy. I'm not sure about a 24 or a 23.

Latest posts

Back