700 LX DC

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan Garlepp

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm planning on buying a new Nitro 700 LX DC next month and would like to know how you guys like your 700's.

Is there anything I should know or ask for while I'm at the dealer during my purchase. Does anyone have a bimini top on there 700? And a hook ladder?

Thanks for any advice and comments.

Great boat, I had one back in 99. You may want to consider looking at the 750NX for a little more money you'll get ALLOT more boat.

700LX with 90 HP - 12,795

NX750 with 90 HP - 13,595 with 115 HP - 14,695

I have a 2004 NX750 with 115 and cannot say enough about the room, storage, and performance.

Just a thought... either way they are both realy nice setups, my 99 gave me no troubles. One other item to consider in the smaller boats, although the dual console looks great, it takes up allot of deck space. My 99 was a dual console, my 2004 is a single.

Hope this info helps.

GET THE NX750 w/115Merc you will be happy you did!!!But upgrade the trolling motor.

Yes, upgrade the T - motor, that is the one upgrade I wish I would have done on my 750. The 115 is a great match for that hull. you'll love it.

700 and 750 are not equipted with rear tie offs so its kind of tough to tie up to a dock if needed.can have dealer install them for cheap money

My '99 does have the rear cleats; not sure if they were dealer installed or not, since I am the second owner.

I have the 115 on mine, both boat and motor have been very reliable. I agree, 90hp is the minimum I would want on the boat.

My original trolling motor kicked the bucket, and I replaced it with a 52lb. model, which was a nice upgrade.

My only gripe with the boat is the ride deteriorates a bit when heavily loaded...three people or two plus full livewell. Lightly loaded, the ride is fantastic for a 17' hull.

My 750 only came with front cleats, so I use the rear seat post for a center rear cleat when at the dock..

I have a 97 700 with a 90HP don't go anyless if your pocket can afford it. I love the boat. It is true, stay with the single console and let your partner wear raingear if the water is rough.

Good Luck on your new purchase.

Bill S.

Thanks, yes, the 700 LX I'm getting comes with the 90 HP Mercury 2-stroke.

What about the Bimini top? Does anyone have a cover on their 700? In case I want to use it during the day and swim off it. It gets real hot here in Florida. Even in the morning the sun is strong.

Can't speak to the cover, but on my 175 I have a bimini, wife won't go out in the summer without it! It's fully removable and only takes up a few inches on the rear deck when down. Also I have a basic 2 step boarding ladder that folds up and is out of the way when fishing/running but makes it WAY easier to board.
top%20side%20view.JPG

Hey Trepman that looks great. I wonder if that bimini would fit a 700. Where did you get the bimini and ladder.

When I first started shopping for boats I was looking to buy the 175 but now I've decided to get the 700. How do you like the 175.

Thanks

Latest posts

Back