3 generations fishing together

• Thread starter Marke Cicero [IMG]http://www.zjstech.net/~library/
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marke Cicero

Reaction score
It's been about 6 years since I have fished with my dad. I've had my boat 4 years and he's never been in it. My oldest son is 10 years old and he has never fished with his Papa. That is until last weekend. We all had a great time. I hope we don't have to wait 6 more years to do it again.

It was my dad's first time ever fishing a Senko. He struggled a little but managed to catch a few little ones.
Dads MI Bass.JPG

Then at the end of the day we had to get a group shot. This is the first ever photo of all of us together.
Cicero men.JPG

Great looking family Mark. Hopefully you'll all have many more days fishing together. (Food for the Soul)

Pooooooor Dad. He'll probably never fish again.

Nice fish Marke, but I think you're scaring the boy. ;>))

Seriously, how much did that hawg weigh?

Harpo

Today is the one year anniversary of the loss of Jill's mom and Ken's dad. I have always been one to learn from others experiences. Their experiences last year have tought me to charish moments like last weekend with greater feelings. I now know that we can not always count on "tomorrow". I will NEVER again allow several years to go by with out spending quality time with my parents every chance I get.

To those of you who see your folks all the time, please don't take it forgranted...enjoy every minute of it.

CJL, get him out there.

Harpo, it was only 3# 11oz....I have long arms ;o)

Marke,

I hope you've backed up these pictures in eight or nine different places and on four or five discs that you can put in a safe deposit box, and then printed out a dozen copies to frame and hang on walls. Especially the first and last ones. Don't take any chances that your computer would crash and you'd lose them.

Great photos, Hoss. Those moments come around very few times in our lives. There will come days when these pictures will provide a good deal of comfort and joy.

But more importantly....

...what did he think of your BOAT????

That's awesome Marke!!!! You're supposed to let your dad catch the big one!! LOL!

Would you believe I can't get my dad to come up and fish Champlain when it's prime time in the spring?!?!? I've showed him pics and everything!!!

Bob G.

MO, he thought it was too fast....LOL I told him I knew guys with a 150 on the same boat. He thought that was just crazy.

Bob, that's because he's ashamed of the fact that his son owns a glass boat and throws his fish back. He's a "tin meat boat" kind of a guy.

Dad's a "Tin Guy" huh.. Good for him:)

I don't have my Dad any more Marke and I am very envious of you. Cherish these times. You can't put a price on them..

Thanks for posting these pics.

Bill

Marke,

Awesome pic's...don't forget to have Jill call me tonite...we share a common bond now!!!

I have fished with you and your kids many times, and it's always a pleasure. Hopefully, I will get to fish with you and your dad someday.

BTW....I know what lake you're on there....QUIT FISHING MY ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just Kidding bro....fish on.

Gee Marke, are ya tryin' to make me feel bad or what!?!?!? LOL!!!

Bob G.

What pond are you on Marke?

I had a tough time trying to teach my Grandpa how to fish a senko last year but now he cant put them down. They are definately his go-to bait when we go fishin together.

T.S.

Marke - UNBELIEVABLE!!! As you know, I lost my dad last summer at the young age of 66. He did one trip in my old Jon Boat for trout with me (he doesn't fish at all but rode) and once in the Tracker with me and the 2 boys.

You are a lucky man to have this opportunity, you BETTER not wait 6 more years!!!

Way to go!

Great pictures, Marke!

Absolutely GREAT!!

Too bad you didn't get your dad's good looks..... :)

Good job Marke, I just had my dad up for the summer (first time ever for more than 1 week) and we got to fish a bunch!! Funny thing is he liked to fish out of the 2 man pvc boat (no tin in my lifetime!!) just as well as the glass monster. I think we are going to go to the classic next year.

TOXIC

Very nice. Wish I had the ability to do that same type of thing. I lost my dad, many years ago, when I was a tyke.

Tex

I feel very lucky that me and my dad spend alot of time fishing together and are lucky enough to live within 6 miles of each other. Sometimes I take that stuff for granted....

Thanks Marke for reminding me how lucky I have it.

Good looking pics and really nice fish.

Marke...

One of my favorite pictures is from about 1989... It's my Dad sitting in the middle seat in my boat reading the newspaper (actually the Equirer...LOL) with my 6 or 7 yr old son in the background sleeping on the front deck while we were all "supposed to be" catching dinner!!! Chasing crappies with slip bobbers and minnows is very stressful !!!!

That's awesome, Marke. Where were those fish when I was there? Good thing I didn't see Henry in the background or I know you were fishing MY **** !!!

My mom and dad (divorced but try to be civil)were here in May. I took them to a local reservior and my dad wouldn't fish. Finally, I rigged up a pole with a Bandit crank and took him to a cove that I knew he would catch a crappie. First cast after picking up the pole, BANG, he reeled on it. It was a dink but he was smiling (rare occasion).

I heard about that damn fish the whole weekend because no one else caught anything!

Teri,

That was on MY lake that I live on...we shoulda just stayed here when you were up!!!

Latest posts

Back