200hp XRG

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Rowland

Reaction score
Hi there,

New to the site and new to owning a Nitro Boat as of two weeks ago.

I purchased a used 2006 Nitro Sport 189 with a 200hp XRG. The previous owner had money to burn and went full out on the upgrades.

Problem I have is he had very few manuals and I haven't been able to find much online on these motors.

Does anyone have any experience with these motors or could lend some knowledge on what I can expect? (Aside from speed/fuel consumption).

Thanks,

Rowls

Is it a Yahama or a Merc? I'm betting its a Merc and you have an XRI. These motors use the system commonly known as "Laser EFI", which is a self-contained system with its own on-board high-pressure fuel pump and vapor separator unit. The last couple years' production of the 2.4 200 EFI was also called 200 Xri. However, 1993 was the only year that the cowls had a light green stripe along with the silver grays. Yours is probable a 2.5 motor. They are very reliable and user-friendly in their stock form. They can be modified, but you will sacrifice the reliability and user-friendliness that makes the so nice. You'll also spend a lot of time and money on mods.

My buddy has an xr6 on his champion is very cold blooded hard to get started when cold. Once warm starts fine. Sucks twice fuel as my optimax too.

Latest posts

Back