2005 ntro nx882

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard McClure

Reaction score
Hi I really appreciate all the info, my boat is a 2005nitro nx 882 someone said that the pumps holds water in them [does not completly drain out] and said that it freezes and cracks the housing. does anyone know about this? When I pull the drain plug alot of water drains out.I need to know if the livewell pumps are hard to replace.Are they right under the square plate that is under oil resivoir? I hope I can do this myself. Thanks so much for all of the advise.

Rich

On a 882 you'll need to remove your batteries and remote oil fill reservoir to access the bilge where your intake/pump-out pump(s) is (are) located. From there it's just a swap of components, although at a slightly uncomfortable position. I'd recommend that you check with a garden hose first before replacing while exposed for a visual confirmation that the pump is bad/leaking. The livewell rigging can become compromised also, particularly after years of use and heavy waves with full wells pulling down and cracking parts, hoses, and fittings. Good luck! ;)

Latest posts

Back