2003 CDX dash alarm

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christan D

Reaction score
I have a 2003 Nitro 929 CDX (225 EFI) and there seems to be an alarm going off in the dash of the console. The oil tank is about half full - I have never heard this alarm before. The boat and motor are in great shape and engine has very low hours. Is this an oil issue?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Christan

Check under the cowl,there is a small canister that holds the oil from the tank,if it drops to a certain point then it sets off the alarm,just fill it back up and it should fix the problem(if it a oil alarm)hope this helps!!

Remember, the correct way to fill the "saddle tank" on the motor is to remove the cap and let the engine pull the oil from the main tank in your bilge area. It has to be 100% full, you need to let it fill to the point it starts to overflow then put the cap on. If it leaks down again you have a problem with the caps (either tank) or an air leak in your lines. I actually had a hairline crack in my saddle tank and it took a long time to find it. But that is rare.

TOXIC

I had a similiar problem and it was solved by cleaning the screen in the oil pickup in the saddle tank.

We just had the same problem it was not an oil problem. The problem was do to the water discharge tube was clogged. The motor got hot and the alarm went off. As soon as we cleared the tube and the wter started running through the motor no more alarm.

Oil alarm and overheat alarm are different. The oil will be a series of beeps and the overheat will be a long tone. Leastwise that is how it is on my efi.

TOXIC

Ditto the above referenced oil tank fill. I'd check your saddle tank first.

We just had the same problem it was not an oil problem. The problem was do to the water discharge tube was clogged. The motor got hot and the alarm went off. As soon as we cleared the tube and the wter started running through the motor no more alarm.

If you're talking about the tell tale in the bottom cowl, I suggest you get your motor looked at. That little pee stream is only a visual indicator and not the "water discharge". Your powerhead requires a whole lot more than that. Just an FYI. Good luck! ;)

Back