2000 PT 175

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cody Smith2

Reaction score
I recently bought a 2000 PT 175. I have a list of questions. I need a few new parts and BPS has the parts but i think they are pretty high priced. Let me know if anyone knows where i can get them cheaper. I need a livewell timer, a windshield and hardware. Also, the fastest i have got the boat is 28mph. I would have thought with a Tracker 40 on it, it would have done better. I have a 10 1/2 x 13 prop on it. I can over rev with it a little bit. Any suggestions? Any help is greatly appreciated!!

CS,

Others here will be able to help with locating the parts, but I have a 2003 PT175 with the 40 also. Best speed I have ever gotten is 30 on a GPS in glass smooth conditions; that motor is bulletproof, just not a speed boat!

I had a 2002 PT 175 with a 40hp. Used a 12P prop and hit the rev limit. Best I could do was typically in the 25 to 28mph range with me and a partner, full tank and tackle. Boat came with a 14P which was way over propped. If you can get upper 20's, I think you're good.

Latest posts

Back