"2 Beeps" at engine start

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew Zuber

Reaction score
Reading another post brought this question to mind: Are all the Mercury's set up to do the "2 beeps" when you first turn the key on??? I've heard other boats do it, but mine does not...Is this normal??? Is it just an "Opti" thing???2000 TV-18, 2001 90hp Merc...MO, Marke???

az

Buzz's 200 efi does it too. I've heard most mercs do it.

My 94' 60 horse beeped once at start up but, this 2002 90 horse does not beep at all at start up....go figure.

TEE

My 2000 200EFI Beeps once when I first turn the key on.

Hey Andy,

My 01' 90hp merc does not beep. I've heard it a ton of times before on big motors. I assumed it to be normal and figured it was related to some feature that larger motors have the my motor doesn't.

Curtis'OPTI does it and I thought I heard Jon's 150XR6 beep on his NX 882. The tourney I enterd a few weeks ago was beeping like crazy.

Maybe it's a purty sparkley thing? It attracts attention so heads turn to look at the boat. You know, some Tracker / Nitro subliminal marketing technique....LOL

Marke

Please fold seats down, strap rods to deck and return all tackle trays to their closed and tucked away positions...

This is you capt. speaking. The air temp is 85 degrees and our speed is approx 72mph...

If you look to your left you'll see.....Oh never mind, we passed it.

Hahaha

thanks guys...

figured it was 'normal'...

Maybe I'll just say "Beep Beep" out loud the next time I turn the key on...

az

Back