1997 Nitro 700tf Gas Tank

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghoss

Reaction score
I just bought a 1997 nitro 700tf with a 1985 90hp johnson on it .I mostly fish 10hp lakes so i will be doing more idling than anything.My question is what is the least amount of gas i can run in the tank and not worry about running out. As i said most of my usage will be with the trolling motor. Thanks for any input g.hoss

A lot of the times there's a decal showing who the maker of the gas tank is with the capacity on a little 4x6 (or similar) metal/tin tag but a lot of times the ink gets dissolved and it takes some light shining at odd angles to get the info. It may or may not help you but tag should be right on top somewhere.

The lakes that I fished in VA that were 10hp max, we had to pull the engine off if larger than 10hp. They (DNR or Game and Fish or Game Wardens) would not even allow pulling the props off and just use the trolling motor. A number of people had a 15hp with a 10hp cowling on the motor. To be safe I would check the regulations, I know how in VA they could be real strict on people with big fines.

Latest posts

Back